Autotrail tracker EKS step and recall problems (1 Viewer)

Bevis on wheels

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
near Sheffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years but travelled for years
We've recently bought an Autotrail Tracker EKS 2007. We're pleased with the layout though sorry to part with our Cheyenne 630 (with a super layout that Autotrail don't do anymore).
We've had some problems though- the radio was missing so a new one was fitted ( eventually) It was wired wrongly so the tv etc didnt work, then it fell out so we had to have another fitted ( two trips to the dealers and a voucher for £50 of goods from the shop- yet to receive it though...)
Now we're having problems with the step- it's sticking and won't retract either with ignition or on manual. We contacted the dealer and spoke to a very helpful guy who told us that it was likely to be the motor and how to get the step off so we could take the motorhome to the dealer. He told us to get the product information for the step and contact the dealer with the size etc so they could get the part and fit it. We dutifully did this only to be told that we have to take the motorhome first to see if it is the motor as we shouldn't have spoken to 'the helpful guy', then go away again and book another visit to fit the part!!! I haven't named the dealer yet as we are awaiting a call from a manager and if the problem is solved without two visits, I won't. However if this fiasco carries on, I will name and shame them in every available forum!!!

We had fantastic service on our two previous motorhomes from Baldwin's in Halifax and would have no hesitation in recommending them. The guys in the workshop are the jewel in the crown of Baldwins and the only reason we changed dealers was that they didn't have the van we wanted. I now wish I'd waited.............

To top it all, we got a product recall notice this morning stating that the front brake flexible hoses could foul against the bodywork casing wear. It states that the handbrake needs adjusting and that the van may also be fitted with ' a non-compliant accelerator pedal stop'. ALl this is guaranteed to make me feel really safe and happy in the new van- and that's without registering yet for the 'judder' problem which we're not sure whether we have or not. What joy!:Sad:
Anyone got any advice? the same problems?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bevis on wheels

Bevis on wheels

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
near Sheffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
autotrail tracker step and and recall problems

eeeerrrrrrrscrub the recall problems bit!!!! I'm very embarassed to say I didn't read the small print. The recall was for our Autotrail Cheyenne 2003......still being messed about by the nameless dealer though.....:Blush:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We had fantastic service on our two previous motorhomes from Baldwin's in Halifax and would have no hesitation in recommending them.

One thing I've learned in the last 18 months is it is as important to choose the right dealer as the right van. In fact you could say the dealer is more important.

We were just plain lucky with Barrons in Coppul. Though it has to be said buying a used Burstner, if there were any problems they'd been sorted.

Apart from the window recall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bevis on wheels

Bevis on wheels

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
near Sheffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Autotraill tracker step

Well the saga of the step continues but the dealer has been much more involved and has contacted Autotrail. When the senior management got involved, the whole tone of the problem changed and they were very supportive.They came to us to fit a new step but this doesn't work either ...we're waiting for another new part to be fitted- meantime we're using a caravan step to get in and out....hope it gets sorted soon!

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi Bevis on wheels

I have the same model so far had no troubles at all, the step works fine for me, looking at the wiring diagram there is a fuse near the split charge relay system under the bonnet perhaps they have overlooked it? anyway hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon.

Regards

OP
OP
Bevis on wheels

Bevis on wheels

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
near Sheffield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Autotrail Tracker step problem

Thanks for the helpful comments. All got sorted in one trip after senior management involvement and the van's super.
We had a small problem last weekend and one call to Brownhills got us put through immediately to a technician who talked through the problem and told us how to rectify it- brilliant! If only it had been that easy before..........I have to say in print that I'm happy with Brownhills now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back