Autotrail tracker EKS Habitation Door (2016) (1 Viewer)

Jun 7, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2016
Hi & help please!

Recently the interior lock on our motorhome habitation door stopped unlocking when pulling the inside handle after the central locking had been activated. I can see why it is happening, the little lever isn't popping out when the big handle is pulled. Why I do not know - to find out I need to get 'inside' the lock and to do that the plastic door panel needs to be removed. I have read many article on the internet on how others have tackled similar lock problems, but I have found none specific to our MH.

So my question is - has anyone removed the plastic cover from an Autotrail Tracker EKS 2016 and if so could you pass on help and advice please!

And for a bonus of ten, should I find the lock needs to be replaced, can anyone point to a distributor? I'd like to know I can repair/replace before taking the door to bits.

thank you in advance.....

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
I repaired my locking system on Autotrail a few months ago.posted photos on mhf.
Laurie

OP
OP
H
Jun 7, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Laurie.... have searched your recents posts for your photos but can't see them... would you mind sharing the link please? Also how would you rate the ease of the job.... i had another look at the door today and it seems daunting!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
I have most of the door innards mechanical parts for the Autotrail Tracker door, they were taken off a new door and I saved the parts for future use .
As we have changed the MH for an adria the tracker parts are available if you need anything just contact me.

Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
The door inside panel is very easy to remove.
Take off the bin. look around the frame and remove 3 screws and as I recall, one screw at the top of the door.
Think you need to take of the chrome grab bar also.
The long plastic inner door strip then pulls off as its held by velcro and this gives access to the mechanisms that operate and lock/unlock the door.

OP
OP
H
Jun 7, 2021
Northamptonshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you for your kind offer and helpful advice. I had resigned myself to taking the MH to a professional as I was put off diy by articles I have read on the web. But you make it sound do-able! I have a few days off over Christmas so will look at it afresh then. Thank you once again..... and a Merry Christmas :xsmile:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Small 3/4 inch spring jumped off/broken at bottom off door.
Mitch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back