Autotrail Tracker EKS 140 v 160 BHP? (1 Viewer)

wmwxm00

Free Member
Oct 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
AS Burford
Exp
Since 2014
Hi everyone. We're looking at downsizing to the new A-T Tracker EKS, with an auto gearbox, but want to know what experiences people have of the new 140 BHP engine or should I upgrade to the 160 while I still have chance? Also we noticed it is quite 'bouncy' as you enter of leave the van, I guess as the door is almost at the rear. Should we have corner steadies fitted, again while it's still an option? Thanks in advance.

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
Hi, I can't comment on the auto powertrain but we used to have a manual EKS with 130 bhp and I found that ok. We don't recall finding it bouncy but didn't find that an issue either. What we DID find an issue ultimatel was having to keep making the bed which is why we moved to a french bed layout,

OP
OP
W

wmwxm00

Free Member
Oct 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
AS Burford
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the reply. We're looking to use the van as two singles, as the new layout (2021) has different size bunks (5'5" & 6'2'), both slightly longer than each of us. As you say, we also definitely don't want t be making beds up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Thanks for the reply. We're looking to use the van as two singles, as the new layout (2021) has different size bunks (5'5" & 6'2'), both slightly longer than each of us. As you say, we also definitely don't want t be making beds up.
Hi

Hope you do not mind me asking.

Unsure whether you will still be picking up on this thread (your post) but would be interested in asking if you did go ahead with the Tracker EKS how the single bed concept has worked for you? and also its payload figures which do not seem to be anywhere obvious to me on the Autrail web site!

Prior to buying I have been doing oodles of research, looking for a new two berth only Moho. Do not want four berth/drop down beds etc just the max payload I can get in a 3500Kg with automatic.

I have narrowed my wish list down to A/T Tracker EKS or A/S Broughton, hence me contacting you. Current thinking is split A/T has better kitchen & bathroom A/S has the perceived advantage of the Mercedes set up.

Any response would be appreciated.

Ray

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Nobody ever said, “I wish I had gone for the lower power version”. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Hi
Did you proceed with a Tracker eks, we are looking at the same model with the intention hopefully using it as single beds also and would be interested to know if you did, how it worked out?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back