Autotrail Towbar (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
Can anyone suggest where I can get a towbar fitted to an Autotrail Scout (02)
Does not need type approval. Got stuck in the mud at Bills Fix-It meet and needed a tow from the rear to get out, tow rope fitted to the axle but was worried that it would damage the skirt.

Could happen again hence towbar. :Smile:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
+1 for Watling, Mike. Get a bar across the back as well (hmmm.... on recollection I think you had one of those, but inside the van :winky:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
any local garage or fabricator can make you one up and fit it. about £300 is the general figure for a simple bar with electrics.

i would be wary of fitting a rear bumper bar, as it takes a good extra 30-40kg off your payload allowance, handy to minimise damage in a rear shunt, but otherwise a heavy ornament

if youre never going to tow a trailer with the bar, a chassis leg extender and recovery point would be way lighter and cheaper option

sorry forgot to say, never tow your van out using the back axle tube if front wheel drive like a fiat. they are not designed for pulling and bend easily with not much pressure. the same reason they are not a suitable jacking point. an expensive mistake that others have found to their cost

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back