LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
We are in benidorm starting back to calais tomorrow but we have a problem, the steps stoped working, but at least i can tie wrap it up and pull out the fuse , its a work around that will get us home.

Its moving freely, and was greesed as part if the hab sevice a few weeks back, ive read it might be a bad hab battery i checked the 20 amp battery fuses and one had blow the other battery fuse is ok.. I have a multi neter with me , is there anything i can check easyly i dont want to spend my last day under the can.

The battery were new last year, and their feed by 300 watts of solar pluscwere on hook up here

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you have a work around i would be tempted to wait for the short period coming back and then check the relay after reading numerous threads on here about how the problem is likely to be the relay especially if if you have had some inclement weather that could get into wherever your relay is or have been washing your van with a pressure washer or hose, or perhaps sideways rain.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
@Scout - when you say it’s moving freely - is it just swinging in and out with a very light touch - if so the drive gear has sheared! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
@Scout - when you say it’s moving freely - is it just swinging in and out with a very light touch - if so the drive gear has sheared! :)

Thats it ive teid it up.. thankfully they buzzer switch is ok so we have that goning off. im now off to buy a step, then enjoy the sun for the rest of the day

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp

Is this just a pin on the gear, or will the whole unit need swapping out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Is this just a pin on the gear, or will the whole unit need swapping out.

Not a pin - it’s quite a small drive gear that will need replacing - no more than about 8-10mm in diameter with I think a square or star shaped spindle at the end - total thing about 20mm long :) Easy fix with a new one :)

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
@Freespirit1 is this the drive gear that will have sheared

http://campingequipmentshop.co.uk/thule-motor-shaft-bushing-v10-v15-step-1500603114.html

how difficult is it to fit I haven't crawled underneath yet as its cold outside​

and if the motors knaxxerd this is the whole unit
http://campingequipmentshop.co.uk/thule-single-step-v10-12v-motor-replacement-1500602970.html

I can’t make it out on the link it’s too blurred for some reason. Put a thick pullover on and get out there and take the motor assembly off and you will soon see which one it is - then you can order the right one :)

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
20160910_142017-jpg.123542

this is whats broken, I pinched the pic from somebody else thread, just need to source the part and refit it now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back