Autotrail spare parts (1 Viewer)

May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
On the 11 April 2017 I had an accident in Spain, when a lorry hit me when I was stopped on the hard shoulder with a puncture, When getting back to the UK l contacted the insurance company again and was advised to take it to a Garage in Plymouth who will inspect the vehicle and will then contact the insurance company,
The Garage was given permission to start the work on the 22nd May, I then contacted the repairers and was told they would order the parts and when they had them all they would contact me to take the motorhome in which I thought was a good idea.
13 weeks later after contacting the repairers and insurance company on a regular basis I said enough was enough there excuse was that they can't get the spare parts, so I said get the moterhome in and start repairing the body work it went in on the 14th August, the repairers were dealing with Marquise at Lee Mill, on the morning of the 28th I was told all the parts were at Marquise,so I thought great, then had a phone call to say sorry but they haven't got the rear Habitation window and it would take six weeks to get it, when contacting the manager again he stated he tried Autotrail but found them less than helpfull, I wouldn't have thought it would have been so hard to get a Habitation window.

Regards Whiskeymac

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I would not have thought Autotrail make their own windows.

It is surely a commercially available item from someone like Seitz etc

Have a look at window, measure size and do a search on google

OP
OP
Whiskeymac
May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
Passed on the e-mail to the repairers and they stated they have tried them plus quite a few more and a number of dealers, so be careful with your Autotrail windows as they seamed to be very hard to come by, I was quoted a back order of six weeks

Regards Whiskeymac

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
What about EECO they will make a window using the broken one as a pattern also they match the tint so if your windows have faded the new one will match. I think they take 2 weeks but can it quicker if urgent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Whiskeymac
May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
Thanks Lenny, one of the problems is there is nothing left of the window it was completely shattered, I had to use a couple of rolls of gaffe tape on it also on my wing mirror, so I am getting pritty good with gaffe tape, I would recommend any body should keep a couple rolls with them as it can fix most things on a motorhome body
Regards Whiskeymac

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back