Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:I have bought an Autotrail Scout motorhome for my daughter, problem is that there does not seem to be enough power going to the Status aerial box, the 12v lights in the van are all working okay but the red light on the aerial box has been getting dimmer and dimmer until now and we have nothing, I am hoping someone has one of these motorhomes or can help me out with the problem, do I need another leisure battery? there is only one but that seems okay if the interior lights are working, I am baffled:Doh:
Kenny

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Very odd !
I think you need to trace where the 12v feed wire goes to make sure it is connected to a battery that is being charged up and not just hidden away somewhere !

My daughter had this exact thing happen in her previous caravan.. When I looked at it, it turned out someone had simply connected the feed wires to a small gel battery under the seat .. Not connected to the charge circuit in any way at all :Eeek:

OP
OP
K

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:Thanks Jaws,
Can't find anywhere the wires are going, it has been working okay but the red light kept getting dimmer and dimmer and now nothing at all.
Ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Are you going to the Lincoln show ? If you are and have not sussed it, come find me ( or ring me on 0781 8822887 ) and I will take a look for you :thumb:

OP
OP
K

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
::bigsmile:Thanks again Jaws, can't get to the Lincloln show unfortunately, what are your thoughts on connecting the wires fron the booster itself and connecting direct onto the leisure battery?
Ken

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well providing you pop an in line fuse on the red line that is exactly where I would be going..
If you want to discuss further it might be best verbally rather than via the keyboard.. If you want more info or help please do not hesitate to ring on eeither 07818822887 or 01842754415 any time from 9 am to 10 pm 7 days a week ( though all of next week I will only have the mobile as we are off playing again from this Friday, leaving the daughter at the home/office ! :) )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back