Autotrail Sat Nav 12ELE2000 Problem (1 Viewer)

Fireflies

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
On the road
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Folks

I have an issue with my Sat Nav 12ELE2000 as fitted to my 2012 Autotrail Delaware which I'm hoping there's a fix to...

The navigation software is dated July 14th 2010 and the version is 8.3.5.151770 running full European maps last updated in 2014

The problem is when trying to input coordinates after having pressed the on screen 'Coordinates' button after the 'Find' button. Normally it lets me input lats and longs and then gives me the 'set as destination' option. However now it is throwing me out and exiting the application after showing me the following error message:

iGo8
Failed to open file: input field.bmp
exiting application

Ive tried full default resets and lots of clunky menu navigation to no avail....Please help!

I can however manually set a destination on the map screen by locating the cursor and pressing 'set as destination' but this is far from ideal as you can imagine

I know the software, unit and usability is quite dated now and wish I'd not had it from the beginning TBH as the unit requires expensive map updates and is a pig to use sometimes due to it chucking me out demanding I visit Naviextras.com and buy another update. I am however stuck with it and prefer to use it rather than google maps on my iPhone

Some more info if it helps...
The software on the SD card is windows only and i have a Mac...LOL so any file alterations need to be done back in the UK on our son's laptop....We are currently in Germany for a month

Any help gratefully accepted

IMG_7913.jpg
IMG_7931.jpg

OP
OP
Fireflies

Fireflies

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
On the road
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I could ask I suppose but curious as to why it doesn't work now and I've not updated any maps/files in three years. Its a fixed unit with no ability to access live info (I think) so don't know what's gone wrong. Thanks for the suggestion

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Be careful if you do buy map updates from naviextras, I spent 99 euros updating my maps only to find they would not fit on the 2gb sd card. Within the unit. You cannot use a larger sd card as the card is assigned to the head unit and only the manufacturers can give you a larger sd card... I scrapped the idea and brought myself a camper tom tom... expensive lesson learnt.

And no chance of getting a refund from naviextras

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Can auto trail email you a update file?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry but.. These are quiet well know as being a bit rubbish .. Yes, I have one :(
Autotrail give no backup for them and even the importers Armour automotive have washed their hands.
https://aampglobal.com/about/

The repair agent is Les Evans in Shrewsbury. Broken Link Removed

My SD card for the sat nav crashed / failed some time ago.. I have just done without and use my Tom Tom, which was always better anyway.

Good luck, most people seem to change them and fit better units.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We had three replacements fitted by the dealer we bought the motorhome from, all useless, so we asked for a refund we ended up settling for it to be swapped for a single din Pioneer unit, the dealer also paid for a Parrot mk9200 to answer the phone, so much happier with this set up and we have another storage compartment for my specs and phone.

If anyone wants our old unit you are welcome to come and pick it up.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The SD card containing the software files has probably become corrupted.

As mentioned by @SP1 each SD card is tied to a specific head unit and can't be directly swapped out. You have to get from Lee Evans \ Naviextras (?).

Given the cost of map updates it's more cost effective to buy a dedicated sat nav unit (with lifetime maps) or use an alternative mode, eg mobile, tablet, etc.

As the unit and it's updated replacement the 13ELE are both woeful if you want to retain an in dash option the only unit I've come across that has the same full functionality as the 12ELE \ 13ELE units is an Xtrons TD696ADS which has recently been reduced in price to £199.99 so may very well be in run out.

I'm still toying with the idea of going ahead and replacing our 13ELE as Dane @Diabalo has said he's had reasonable results with a previous model of theirs.

Best of luck getting a solution that meets needs(y).

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
The SD card containing the software files has probably become corrupted.

As mentioned by @SP1 each SD card is tied to a specific head unit and can't be directly swapped out. You have to get from Lee Evans \ Naviextras (?).

Given the cost of map updates it's more cost effective to buy a dedicated sat nav unit (with lifetime maps) or use an alternative mode, eg mobile, tablet, etc.

As the unit and it's updated replacement the 13ELE are both woeful if you want to retain an in dash option the only unit I've come across that has the same full functionality as the 12ELE \ 13ELE units is an Xtrons TD696ADS which has recently been reduced in price to £199.99 so may very well be in run out.

I'm still toying with the idea of going ahead and replacing our 13ELE as Dane @Diabalo has said he's had reasonable results with a previous model of theirs.

Best of luck getting a solution that meets needs(y).
Wow that very cheap for what you get, just been on the website, any idea of more details re: the satnav

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Just done some more research this unit does not come with satnav.
Built-in GPS
Supports various Android navigation software including IGO8, Google and more. Your journey will no longer be bothered by the nightmare of getting lost.
Please note that this unit doesn't come with a GPS map and the navigation software has to be downloaded from the Google Play store.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
If you have access to the IGO file system you could try downloading a fresh copy from GPSForum .. There is a specific section for IGO Primo System. You may even be able to update it to a later version. Alternatively just make a new SD Card with new Software.

I wold imagine that the bitmap file is corrupt so you could try finding it and replacing it with another version.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
I find the facebook group very good for igo9 map updates,, indeed, I updated my whole system including the programming and now have the satnag giving me road names/numbers which I never had before. The 2017 q2 map updates are available now here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1510939042556385/files/ but you may need to join to get them.
Edit. This is for my cheapo chinese nozatec which I have had for 3 years and not had a problem. Remember to back up your files before changes.

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
The software on the SD card is windows only and i have a Mac...LOL so any file alterations need to be done back in the UK on our son's laptop....We are currently in Germany for a month
I have Macs and I run Parallels emulation software for things that need Windows, including Naviextras. You should be able to download the Parallels software where you are, which might get you out of trouble. See: https://www.parallels.com/uk/

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
I have posted several threads on this unit.
In summary dealer sent to Les Evans twice with 2 different faults. After 3rd fault it was replaced with a pioneer unit. It really is not very good.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just done some more research this unit does not come with satnav.
Built-in GPS
Supports various Android navigation software including IGO8, Google and more. Your journey will no longer be bothered by the nightmare of getting lost.
Please note that this unit doesn't come with a GPS map and the navigation software has to be downloaded from the Google Play store.

Sorry, should have mentioned that but in my defence I wouldn't be using it as a sat nav as I've got a standalone Garmin Camper 760.:doh::doh:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Update, overall well pleased with the Xtrons unit to date and have not had any problems at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back