May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Autocruise Pace.

Well I've only gone and done it.:RollEyes:

I've just collected my year old Autocruise Pace, my first Brit built Motor Home. Well it's a Van Conversion really.

I've got it back on the drive and I'm now filling it up with some of my vital effects. Quart into a pint pot springs to mind.:cry:

Previously I've owned an Adria and two Hymers and they have been very well put together.:thumb:

This is not so well put together in fact the final finish is frankly poor. I imagine the previous owner had sorted few things, from new, so I'm a little surprised to find the finish so shoddy.

If I worked in the factory that built this I'd be ashamed to tell anyone.:Blush:

Fortunately there doesn't appear to be anything major wrong with it, I like the layout and the price was right, so I'll sort it out as I go along.:thumb:

The Fiat/Peugeot bit is pretty good though, but not up to the standard my Mercedes and I felt a slight hint of a judder when reversing, but that could just be me not doing it right. The last Motor Home before one this was a Sprintshift, just hit the loud pedal and the system did the rest.:Smile:

I wondered if all Brit built vans are as shoddy, or is it just Autocruise?

Pete:Cool:

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have a 15 year old Fiat Autotrail--seems constructed fairly well.-- I`m happy with it.
Fantastic plastic seems to be used more and more on later ones though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back