Autotrail Media Unit 13ELE 2000 playing media (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We have just bought a 2013 Autotrail tracker with the 12ELE2000 head unit and have found a problem. After a period of being switched on the unit becomes very hot and then the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. switch it off, let it cool down and it works again.
Dealer will look at it but is this common?

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Before being replaced with the 13ELE our 12ELE unit got worrying hot in use, dvd's were almost to hot to handle when removed after viewing.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Ditched mine and put a Chinese android unit in, does everything and more than the old unit did and far better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I'm booked into Eddies fantastic emporium early next month for a Xmas prezzie for Dottie (AT Dakota). Going for a pioneer unit. Fed up to back teeth with the 12ELE.
And a new telly!!
Geoff

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Like this Link Removed

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Update from my original post.
The motor home went back to the dealers last week, they agree that there is a fault and have sent the head unit away for repair. I'm not holding my breath but who knows a repair may be possible.

TazzieLola

Free Member
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
Sorry to join this conversation very late.
Just purchased 2013 V Line 600 Sport with ELE system, previous owner kindly DID NOT leave the USB cable, finding we can't use SD card as does not recognise it in the system not sure if this is due to Apple down loads for some reason.
Does a standard off the shelf mini usb to female usb connector work OK with a gig stick? As Auto Trail after sales department don't want to help or don't care...think might be latter as also had problem with them trying to get replacement carpets for our previous Tracker EKS 2010...seems once van is over a certain age they don't stock items anymore!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Sorry to join this conversation very late.
Just purchased 2013 V Line 600 Sport with ELE system, previous owner kindly DID NOT leave the USB cable, finding we can't use SD card as does not recognise it in the system not sure if this is due to Apple down loads for some reason.
Does a standard off the shelf mini usb to female usb connector work OK with a gig stick? As Auto Trail after sales department don't want to help or don't care...think might be latter as also had problem with them trying to get replacement carpets for our previous Tracker EKS 2010...seems once van is over a certain age they don't stock items anymore!
Assuming you're looking for a cable to plug into the socket on the bottom right of the front of the media unit this here should do Broken Link Removed
We had one and and used an 8Gb USB stick in it (the maximum the 13ELE unit would recognise). It operated now and again! Not a cable fault but the media unit itself!
After having our 12ELE replaced under warranty with a refurbed 13ELE which was marginally better gave up and bought an Xtrons android unit after input \ advice from @Diabalo and it's like night and day. Everything just works! Well haven't tried the sat nav bit as we use a standalone Garmin 760 Camper.
Best of luck with the unit and if you want to persevere with it a company called Lee Evans took over repairs of this unit. Broken Link Removed

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Les Evans did 2 repairs successfully on ours then when a 3 rd problem arose the dealer decided enough esd enough and replaced with a pioneer unit.

Jun 6, 2015
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Accordo105
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry this may be an old thread, but have decided to throw my 12ELE2000 out and replace it. Does anyone know how to get this unit out of the dash, (Auto-Trail V-linr 600 (Fiat). I have the long removal keys, but cannot seem to find the correct place to release the unit from the body.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Sorry this may be an old thread, but have decided to throw my 12ELE2000 out and replace it. Does anyone know how to get this unit out of the dash, (Auto-Trail V-linr 600 (Fiat). I have the long removal keys, but cannot seem to find the correct place to release the unit from the body.

I nicked this from another forum for you. If you haven't got the proper removal tools the method below should work. Failing that Halfrauds or your local auto audio shop would be worth a try.

Use 2 table knives old fashioned spatula flat bladed type (with bone handles we still prefer them to st steel types) Use one to carefully pop out the thin plastic surround around media unit. Once done slide a knife blade into gap side between exposed casing and unit, you need to be midway and slide knife blade (gently) well in 5 inches or so you should feel catch spring, hold each in this position grasp edge of unit and gently but firmly pull back. There's plenty of cabling so no worry of dislodging plugs.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you've got the extraction tools, from memory, they only work one way around. Push them in down the sides of the head unit (middle height) and they should grip the back of the unit (I think you hear a little click). Pull the tools towards you with a slight outward pressure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back