Autotrail Media Unit 13ELE 2000 playing media

Discussion in 'Auto-Trail' started by Stewart J, Feb 20, 2014.

1. robnchris

robnchris Funster

Ratings:
    +4,308
    So how will this leave all the owners of an Autotrail that have purchased, paid extra in the media pack to have the 12ELE2000 fitted.

I have asked the dealers we bought our Autotrail Apache from to take it up with Autotrail on what their intentions are on having an unfit for purpose unit fitted.
    In the motorcar industry there would just have been a recall and the units changed.
    Should owners address compensation through the small claims court against the dealership or direct with Autotrail?

2. pizzajohn

pizzajohn

Ratings:
    +1
    Apparently the 2015 models will have a Fiat head unit installed in the factory, prior to being shipped to Grimsby, which will have the TomTom, car, Satnav. Compatibility with our current brick is unknown, though I thought that I heard somewhere that there's no Freeview built in.

Has anyone replaced the current unit, what was installed and, what functions, if any, were lost or gained?

John

3. Lostasusual

Lostasusual

Ratings:
    +4
    The 12ELE 2000 head unit on my Tracker has been sent back twice to Armour for repair. It is still faulty causing TV signal to pixelate after 15 mins or so. Unwatchable. Clearly the unit is not fit for purpose which, no doubt, is why Autotrail have discontinued them. Despite mine still being under warranty, the dealer has failed to get Autotrail to source a replacement unit. I'm considering action via small claims court especially because of the weeks downtime whilst waiting turn around of the 'non' fixed unit.
    Has anyone had any luck using legal action to get Autotrail to play fair with their warranty?
    Or maybe you found another way of getting around the faulty head problem?

4. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +16,307
    Yes... Take it out and change it..!! Thats the best solution..
    If you bought from a dealer, any claim needs to made against them not Autotrail as that is who your contract is with..

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. Lostasusual

Lostasusual

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Tonka.
    Appreciate the response. What unit did you install as a replacement? I'm told by my dealer that there are just no replacement units available from an off the shelf perspective. Also take your point wrt warranty contract.
    Have you a unit source that I could approach?

6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +16,307
    Mine is a 2012 van.. The sat nav failed and was replaced at 6 months.. I havn't changed it but several people have mentioned they have on a facebook group i joined...

7. Lostasusual

Lostasusual

Ratings:
    +4
    Hmm, same year as mine. You were clearly lucky to get an exchange whilst units were still available.
    I'm still smarting from the £999 media pack hiding to nothing at this stage though.

8. Sandydoc

Sandydoc

Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to load some music onto an SD card and don't know what file format to use. Can anyone help me please?

9. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +6,804
    Plays mp3 through the Aux USB connection so would assume same for SD card. Try loading one mp3 onto a blank SD and see if it works? If it does load the rest.

10. Sandydoc

Sandydoc

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that will give it another go, have just taught myself how to do convert the files. Will try it in the van in the daylight.

11. Bognor Saint

Bognor Saint Funster

Ratings:
    +834
    We have just bought a 2013 Autotrail tracker with the 12ELE2000 head unit and have found a problem. After a period of being switched on the unit becomes very hot and then the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. switch it off, let it cool down and it works again.
    Dealer will look at it but is this common?

12. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Ratings:
    +2,788
    Before being replaced with the 13ELE our 12ELE unit got worrying hot in use, dvd's were almost to hot to handle when removed after viewing.

13. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Ratings:
    +881
    Ditched mine and put a Chinese android unit in, does everything and more than the old unit did and far better.

14. The Dotties

The Dotties Funster

Ratings:
    +2,795
    I'm booked into Eddies fantastic emporium early next month for a Xmas prezzie for Dottie (AT Dakota). Going for a pioneer unit. Fed up to back teeth with the 12ELE.
    And a new telly!!
    Geoff

15. Bognor Saint

Bognor Saint Funster

Ratings:
    +834
    Hi
    What is the chinese android that you are referring to?

16. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Ratings:
    +881
  17. Bognor Saint

Bognor Saint Funster

Ratings:
    +834
    Thanks Diabolo.
    Looks good.

18. Bognor Saint

Bognor Saint Funster

Ratings:
    +834
    Update from my original post.
    The motor home went back to the dealers last week, they agree that there is a fault and have sent the head unit away for repair. I'm not holding my breath but who knows a repair may be possible.

19. TazzieLola

TazzieLola

Ratings:
    +6
    Sorry to join this conversation very late.
    Just purchased 2013 V Line 600 Sport with ELE system, previous owner kindly DID NOT leave the USB cable, finding we can't use SD card as does not recognise it in the system not sure if this is due to Apple down loads for some reason.
    Does a standard off the shelf mini usb to female usb connector work OK with a gig stick? As Auto Trail after sales department don't want to help or don't care...think might be latter as also had problem with them trying to get replacement carpets for our previous Tracker EKS 2010...seems once van is over a certain age they don't stock items anymore!

20. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +6,804
    Assuming you're looking for a cable to plug into the socket on the bottom right of the front of the media unit this here should do https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Usb-Fema...403539&hash=item3d21fedb14:g:j38AAOSwt7ZXo4ip
    We had one and and used an 8Gb USB stick in it (the maximum the 13ELE unit would recognise). It operated now and again! Not a cable fault but the media unit itself!
    After having our 12ELE replaced under warranty with a refurbed 13ELE which was marginally better gave up and bought an Xtrons android unit after input \ advice from @Diabalo and it's like night and day. Everything just works! Well haven't tried the sat nav bit as we use a standalone Garmin 760 Camper.
    Best of luck with the unit and if you want to persevere with it a company called Lee Evans took over repairs of this unit. http://www.lesevans.co.uk/index.html