Autotrail Media Unit 13ELE 2000 playing media (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
In the menu of my media unit usb and ipod symbols are shown but no instruction or connectors supplied on how to use them. This is my 3rd unit under warranty and differs slightly from previous model and remotes are completely differant, also no instruction book was supplied. So apologies if this method is described in book and everyone is aware.

For the princely sum of £1.26 I purchased a mini usb to female usb connector link :- Broken Link Removed

What a stroke of genius if I do say, the mini usb plugs bottom right of display and plugging in a memory stick containing films it immediately loads up and one can play the films directly from the stick, seems to only recognise those in "avi" format, will investigate more in the future. The first 2 photo's demonstrate the memory stick in action.

Becoming more adventurous I plugged my ipod into the female usb connector, brilliant all my music can now be played along with shuffle compilation etc. Then tried my ipod 4 phone and the same result, all music can be played with bonus on ipod devices of being charged at same time. Last 2 photo's show these connected and displaying on media unit and drop down monitor.

I have yet to suss out how to display photos or video.

Hope this is of help, have just ordered another usb connector as a spare :thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 314
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 305
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 278
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 284

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Dont forget the unit is Bluetooth, so you can link iphone to the radio and play music via that..:thumb:

Also mine came with a mini jack cable that allows audio and video equipment to be plugged in... I have music on a SD card that I leave connected inside the radio.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
The Bluetooth is very iffy it will not recognize my phone despite all my efforts and I need to link it manually every time. It steadfastly refuses to import my telephone contacts (its also on the warranty list for next months appointment back at dealers workshop)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wordy

Free Member
Mar 29, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie - 2013
I also had my 12ELE2000 replaced under warranty, and got a 13ELE2000 as a replacement. The integration with my iphone is much better on the new model and can actually be used as intended now. The instructions have not improved and are next to useless. I have never had a problem with iphone Bluetooth disconnection with an iphone 5, but it does need to be reconnected each time you want to use it which is annoying, unlike the radio unit in my vw car.

Paul

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Same here Paul the Golf bluetooth is brilliant, I'm hoping the unit is sorted by dealer, read somewhere there is a software update avaliable to the trade.

mfh27748

Free Member
Mar 4, 2008
essex/london
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
since 2008
taking delivery of a Mohawk is the sat nav part easy to operate, have ordered the usb lead.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Sat nav is quite straightforward to use though interface is not as slick as TomTom or Garmin nor is there any provision to input vehicle height, length and weight which would have been a big plus. Instruction booklet is very vague to say the least so if you have not had any experience programming a sat nav you may struggle to find your way around it. I recall there have been threads on the forum about this sat nav if you do a search:Smile:

Once you take delivery if you need assistance start a thread on here, enjoy your Mohawk its a lovely van. :thumb:

xrapidoman

Free Member
Mar 21, 2014
Norden
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Can you help me please, I have just bought a Autotrail Tracker FB with a dreadful 12ELE2000 head unit, we never listen to the radio but are avid fans of our Ipod. sadly though we can`t play it.
I found your information on line and this gave us a glimmer of hope and spent £1.26 on the lead, realising after that yours is a 13ELE200! Is their a significant difference between the two?
We have not as yet had any other problems with the unit except that it makes its own mind up when the screen wants to come out, any little bit of help you could give would be so helpful.

:Sad:

The only good thing to come out of this is the Autotrail Tracker FB is a great van, even though we have only had it a month.

chazuk

Free Member
Jun 5, 2014
west sussex
Funster No
MH
autotrail frontier
Exp
I have just bought a autotrial frontier comanche , does anyone know if you can watch TV from the flipdown screen but have the screen on the dash off as at the moment they mirror each other ?

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Can you help me please, I have just bought a Autotrail Tracker FB with a dreadful 12ELE2000 head unit, we never listen to the radio but are avid fans of our Ipod. sadly though we can`t play it.
I found your information on line and this gave us a glimmer of hope and spent £1.26 on the lead, realising after that yours is a 13ELE200! Is their a significant difference between the two?
We have not as yet had any other problems with the unit except that it makes its own mind up when the screen wants to come out, any little bit of help you could give would be so helpful.

:Sad:

The only good thing to come out of this is the Autotrail Tracker FB is a great van, even though we have only had it a month.

Have you received and tried the lead yet, it should also work on the 12 ele.:thumb:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I have just bought a autotrial frontier comanche , does anyone know if you can watch TV from the flipdown screen but have the screen on the dash off as at the moment they mirror each other ?

Press and hold the "SEL" button for a couple of seconds unit usually beeps and screen on dash shuts off. Only pain is once you've done this pressing any key on the remote be it volume, channel or whatever turns it back on so you have to repeat pressing sel button. :thumb:

chazuk

Free Member
Jun 5, 2014
west sussex
Funster No
MH
autotrail frontier
Exp
Press and hold the "SEL" button for a couple of seconds unit usually beeps and screen on dash shuts off. Only pain is once you've done this pressing any key on the remote be it volume, channel or whatever turns it back on so you have to repeat pressing sel button. :thumb:

Thanks Stewart that was spot on , I don't suppose you know who makes the 13ele2000 be handy to try and see if there is any updated firmware for it as I have tried ,avi and mp4 video files and it is unable to read them .

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Thanks Stewart that was spot on , I don't suppose you know who makes the 13ele2000 be handy to try and see if there is any updated firmware for it as I have tried ,avi and mp4 video files and it is unable to read them .

No-one seems to know the maker! :Eeek:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We have the 12ELE2000 unit and it`s been a waste of time since we had the motorhome, the dealers could`t get the phone to work but now we`ve read this forum we`ll insist on having the unit changed under warranty.

So thanks to you Mr Stewart:thumb:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We have the 12ELE2000 unit and it`s been a waste of time since we had the motorhome, the dealers could`t get the phone to work but now we`ve read this forum we`ll insist on having the unit changed under warranty.

So thanks to you Mr Stewart:thumb:

So you should the dealers are all aware of the problems with these units though not all will admit to it. I know of one owner who had 6 units in a year :Eeek:

Julie

Free Member
Jul 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Commanche
Exp
Since 2002
Hi there. We have had a chap who came today who and removed our 13ele2000 due issues with our satellite system. The chap spoke with auto trail about this and they stated he has to speak with the supplier who now surprise surprise no longer deal with auto trail . I was told the supplier/ manufacturer is called Arramer (unsure is spelt right). But could not find their details via a google search!!!
When the unit was removed there were no embossed serial numbers or details on a manufacturer on there!

Julie

Free Member
Jul 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Commanche
Exp
Since 2002
Or telephone. 01420 476767. Really helpful

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have added the manual to the FUN resources...
Can someone try this please and check it works ok..

Broken Link Removed

Julie

Free Member
Jul 7, 2014
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Commanche
Exp
Since 2002
Auto trail no longer use Armour Automotive due to the number of faults with the unit. Auto trail ceased contract about one month ago. Armour hold NO new units for replacements, they use spares to fix faults on current units. Auto trail has not sourced a new unit to replace this one. (Unconfirmed - off the record by Armour).

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Auto trail no longer use Armour Automotive due to the number of faults with the unit. Auto trail ceased contract about one month ago. Armour hold NO new units for replacements, they use spares to fix faults on current units. Auto trail has not sourced a new unit to replace this one. (Unconfirmed - off the record by Armour).

So how will this leave all the owners of an Autotrail that have purchased, paid extra in the media pack to have the 12ELE2000 fitted.

I have asked the dealers we bought our Autotrail Apache from to take it up with Autotrail on what their intentions are on having an unfit for purpose unit fitted.
In the motorcar industry there would just have been a recall and the units changed.
Should owners address compensation through the small claims court against the dealership or direct with Autotrail?

pizzajohn

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
newton abbot
Funster No
MH
on order
Exp
i'm a newbie
Apparently the 2015 models will have a Fiat head unit installed in the factory, prior to being shipped to Grimsby, which will have the TomTom, car, Satnav. Compatibility with our current brick is unknown, though I thought that I heard somewhere that there's no Freeview built in.

Has anyone replaced the current unit, what was installed and, what functions, if any, were lost or gained?

John

Lostasusual

Free Member
Sep 13, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail tracker fb
Exp
On and off for many years
The 12ELE 2000 head unit on my Tracker has been sent back twice to Armour for repair. It is still faulty causing TV signal to pixelate after 15 mins or so. Unwatchable. Clearly the unit is not fit for purpose which, no doubt, is why Autotrail have discontinued them. Despite mine still being under warranty, the dealer has failed to get Autotrail to source a replacement unit. I'm considering action via small claims court especially because of the weeks downtime whilst waiting turn around of the 'non' fixed unit.
Has anyone had any luck using legal action to get Autotrail to play fair with their warranty?
Or maybe you found another way of getting around the faulty head problem?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Has anyone had any luck using legal action to get Autotrail to play fair with their warranty?
Or maybe you found another way of getting around the faulty head problem?

Yes... Take it out and change it..!! Thats the best solution..
If you bought from a dealer, any claim needs to made against them not Autotrail as that is who your contract is with..

Lostasusual

Free Member
Sep 13, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail tracker fb
Exp
Thanks Tonka.
Appreciate the response. What unit did you install as a replacement? I'm told by my dealer that there are just no replacement units available from an off the shelf perspective. Also take your point wrt warranty contract.
Have you a unit source that I could approach?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Mine is a 2012 van.. The sat nav failed and was replaced at 6 months.. I havn't changed it but several people have mentioned they have on a facebook group i joined...

Lostasusual

Free Member
Sep 13, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail tracker fb
Exp
Hmm, same year as mine. You were clearly lucky to get an exchange whilst units were still available.
I'm still smarting from the £999 media pack hiding to nothing at this stage though.

Sandydoc

Free Member
Oct 26, 2015
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am trying to load some music onto an SD card and don't know what file format to use. Can anyone help me please?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I am trying to load some music onto an SD card and don't know what file format to use. Can anyone help me please?
Plays mp3 through the Aux USB connection so would assume same for SD card. Try loading one mp3 onto a blank SD and see if it works? If it does load the rest.

Sandydoc

Free Member
Oct 26, 2015
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks for that will give it another go, have just taught myself how to do convert the files. Will try it in the van in the daylight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back