Autotrail Media pack. (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Like most of the Autotrail owners over the last 3 years we have had major issues with the Media Pack Cab Radio unit, currently on our third though it doesn`t upload the phone contacts making it impossible to make a hands free call, a rather important function they forgot to tell us that this unit didn`t have.
Autotrails answer is that it was never designed to have that facility, it`s actually took them 18mths to make that statement, what a laugh or perhaps it would be if I hadn`t paid £999.00 for it especially as we live in a country where it is illegal to use a hand held phone whilst driving.

We have now asked for a refund and they can have the unit back.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Was the £999 just for the hands free facility?

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Is the new system on the 2015 models hands free?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As far as I am concerned the media package is a reet pain in the nethers
It caused me a shed load of grief to start with and I soon bypassed/replaced most of it !

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We are on our second replacement,independant fitter said it is a very cheap item

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I know nothing of the Media Pack but it certainly sounds a poor state of affairs to lay out so much cash on a system that just doesn't do the job.
Not much help but perhaps for others we use the hands free facility on our TomTom camper sat nav and it works extremely well.

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Was the £999 just for the hands free facility?
No the media pack as a whole cost £999 as it is all a combined unit, the model fitted in our apache doesn`t have the dvd capability, the bluetooth facility is the big let down, not working at all on our first unit.
It just seems to me that Autotrail bought these units fitted them and didn`t bother to test them they failed so much that they now don`t fit them.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The 'media pack' in our Se is just a load of different bits cobbled together on a board, that then feed a Kenwood stereo unit in the dash that plays DVD's
Straight away it caused grief with the reversing camera and contacting Autotrail about where it was cabled to and from brought forth little help ( as in where they had run the cables )
After that we had various other issues so although it is still in place it is really only used as a multiple switch nowadays

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Our head unit had to be sent away for repair, but since its return it has been ok..
I mentioned to our dealer that I had heard it was a "cheapo" unit, but he checked up and said it cost the best part of 600 squid !! I still suspect it is more like the 250 mark..
But, as long as ours works, we will keep shtumm !!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
little niggles that cost loads of dosh for something that can be retrofitted for a fraction of the cost and work, when will they learn.

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Our head unit had to be sent away for repair, but since its return it has been ok..
I mentioned to our dealer that I had heard it was a "cheapo" unit, but he checked up and said it cost the best part of 600 squid !! I still suspect it is more like the 250 mark..
But, as long as ours works, we will keep shtumm !!

Ahh but you can`t make a call from it, so what good is the Bluetooth phone facility in a country were it`s illegal to use a non hands free phone whilst driving?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ours has just been returned after repair, well they replaced it with a 13LE (later version of the now deleted model). However, the connections on the back are different so now waiting on a new GPS aerial, adapter plugs, etc.
Only thing I've checked so far is the reversing camera and it does activate much quicker than the previous unit.
We used to be able to receive and make calls from the previous unit using bluetooth but not checked replacement yet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back