Free Member
May 30, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi everyone,
I have a problem with the led strip lights on my 2008 Autotrail Tracker they have recently started going very dim and then brightening up after a few seconds, but now they are not lighting up at all, it only occurs on one circuit,shower, internal lounge under and over the seating and the kitchen. Inside the wardrobe is OK and above the door. On investigating two of the individual LEDs are lit on the shower light, If I disconnect the light fitting and apply 12v to it it works perfectly ( I tried two)
Good one don't you think!!!

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Most likely a poor connection on the Lucar connectors as the very low current draw of the LEDs will not be enough to get through if they have oxidised.
Try connecting a 21w car bulb to the light fitting connections and see if it lights up as the current draw should be enough to prove the above.
If it doesn't light up you will have to trace back to find a probable connection unplugged.
All of this assumes you have checked the obvious like the fuses.

OP
OP
H

Hutchy

Free Member
May 30, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Derbyshire Wanderer sounds sensible, will give it a go tomorrow, tea time now (or dinner time for those below Watford)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Auto trail`s led are a waste of time, we`re on our 3rd set on our 2013 model, have now changed them for Led`s bought as a strip from eBay.
Never had a trouble since we changed.

OP
OP
H

Hutchy

Free Member
May 30, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorted!
For those interested it was the second 12v connector in the sergeant 225 PSU unit, loose on the right hand side (only slightly) . Strangely I was getting 3v at the led,s which must explain why I had the odd led lit!.
Thanks to Derbyshire Wanderer for the lamp tip which put me on the right track
Cannot understand two things.
Why does Sargent not put retaining clips on the connectors?
Why don,t Autotrail leave longer tails on the connectors so you have a chance of checking them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back