Autotrail/Fiat, electric cab windows not closing. (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Asking for a friend of a friend who is in Spain.

Drivers window apparently stopped about 4 inches from the top and would not go any further, then opened passenger window and when tried to close it that also stopped in about the same place. So both cab windows are now stuck open and will not close.

The elderly couple called at a Fiat garage (I assume in Spain) and they wanted to remove the steering wheel to sort the problem. No idea why.

Owners decided not to let them carry on.

Anyone got any ideas of what might be the problem please?

Thanks

Steve

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I know there is a calibration procedure for the windows control computer, can't find it right now, it sets the current limit before the motor cuts out so you can't chop your head off ( has happened to at least one child ).

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
I think you disconnect the vehicle battery and leave it off for half an hour. After reconnecting drop,the windows down and then shut to reset the limits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Thanks for the replies, have passed them on.

Am I right in thinking that if they disconnect the engine battery themselves, they will need the radio code when it is re-connected?

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
No experience of fiats but other makes I have experience of have a calibration procedure. This usually involves operating the window manually to get it in calibration mode e.g. on the Mondeo, press and gold the window all the way down and then hold for a count of 3 then all the way up and hold for a count I'd three then ignition off and back on again and they are reset.

Have they got a owners manual?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back