Autotrail Entrance Step - Settings Change (1 Viewer)

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Hi Funsters,
I recently came across a system setting change on the Sargent website for the electric entrance step on pre 23/11/2009 build number 30154 Autotrails. This simple change to the settings by removal of a link on the EM50 Intelligent Interface Adaptor results in your step opening when unlocking your Motorhome, it will then remain out until either the engine is started, or the button inside the habitation door is operated to raise the step. This does away with the step continually raising and lowering whenever you lock/ unlock the MH when parked up. This will no doubt extend the life of the steps motor and mechanism and facilitate the use of a draught skirt when pitched. I've completed the setting change and it operates just as described on the link.
Anyone interested in this change can check it here.....

http://sargentshop.co.uk/WebRoot/Daily/Shops/eshop328964/MediaGallery/EM50_Instruction.pdf

Lance. :thumb:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Spot on, just what I have been looking for, I think. Ideally I would prefer it only works on the button inside the door. Unfortunately the link does not work for some reason. Maybe because it has been on for so long.
We use separate steps for wife to get in and out as she is disabled. It is an absolute pain when we unlock the motorhome after sleeping and the step shoots out and either moves the caravan type steps or worse still, jams underneath them.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
if you press and hold the settings button on the panel above the door it gets you into the service menu, this then allows you to change the setting for the step so its manual only and operate with the button as you enter/leave the moho.

Al (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
All sorted to exactly what I wanted. Removed Jumper 2 from the EC50.
Now when I use the double step for Jean to get in and out of the motorhome the step does not come out when I unlock the door. When I am in and out of the motorhome I open the step with the button inside the door. When I lock it with the remote, or start the engine it goes back in. Perfect.
Thanks for your help guys.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
if you press and hold the settings button on the panel above the door it gets you into the service menu, this then allows you to change the setting for the step so its manual only and operate with the button as you enter/leave the moho.

Al (y)
Hi, I have the same panel.
Which is the settings button please?
Thanks

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!

Al (y)
It’s the one that looks like a cog from memory 😉
I can't see it ....

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Mine is ecu325

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
It doesn't work like that on the EC325. There are no settings for the step. Removing the jumpers indifferent sequences, like my post above does work.

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
There is a download for the Sargent EM50 (showing step configuration settings) in Manuals for Motorhome stuff , section of Resources and although it is for Autotrail Motorhomes the information in it should be the same for other Motorhomes with a Sargent EM50 fitted along with a Sargent ECxxx PSU

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
There is a download for the Sargent EM50 (showing step configuration settings) in Manuals for Motorhome stuff , section of Resources and although it is for Autotrail Motorhomes the information in it should be the same for other Motorhomes with a Sargent EM50 fitted along with a Sargent ECxxx PSU
Do you know what the link is and how it's done? It would be helpful as I have a 2009 Autotrail with the EM50 behind the driver's seat.

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hello JaG ,It is in the Resources section that is on the top (blue)line of this page and you can download it , it has information about what jumper pin settings operate regarding the step/central locking. (I do not have a EM50 in my van so cannot help with more details , but pins being joined or not in the EM50 seems to the way to alter things) I have read that if the pin 1 is removed it will stop the step retracting when the van is locked but it will still go in if the engine is started, but I do not know this for a fact. If you need more information Sargent Electrical are very helpful and may be able to explain things more clearly. 01482 678981 (although you may find that now you have to -Raise a ticket - to request information from the support team online through their web-site)

Last edited:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hello JaG ,It is in the Resources section that is on the top (blue)line of this page and you can download it , it has information about what jumper pin settings operate regarding the step/central locking. (I do not have a EM50 in my van so cannot help with more details , but pins being joined or not in the EM50 seems to the way to alter things) I have read that if the pin 1 is removed it will stop the step retracting when the van is locked but it will still go in if the engine is started, but I do not know this for a fact. If you need more information Sargent Electrical are very helpful and may be able to explain things more clearly. 01482 678981 (although you may find that now you have to -Raise a ticket - to request information from the support team online through their web-site)
Thanks, I have done that. Removing the centre bridge means it does not come out when unlocked, only manually but does go back on when starting and locking. Just what I wanted as I use a double step for wife so don't want it to pop out but electric when on my own.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back