Free Member
Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
Hi Diabalo - On the jumpers, the manual says jumper pins 1 & 2 control the step on the remote central locking. Looking at the unit and jumpers, do you know what part of the small jumper pin is removed? It’s not like they are l/r switches. Does the smaller metal pin pull out with perhaps tweezers? I want to disable the step activating with the remote fob but the pins look tiny and very breakable. Thanks.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Diabalo - On the jumpers, the manual says jumper pins 1 & 2 control the step on the remote central locking. Looking at the unit and jumpers, do you know what part of the small jumper pin is removed? It’s not like they are l/r switches. Does the smaller metal pin pull out with perhaps tweezers? I want to disable the step activating with the remote fob but the pins look tiny and very breakable. Thanks.
Sorry I have no idea about the jumpers, I disable the step on the main control panel menu over the door.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davida71uk

Free Member
Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
I have a Sargent III panel and I’ve no step option. Perhaps you have a different unit? Thanks.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have have the EC 500 PSU with the EC 480 control panel, do you have the same?

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
Just pull them out. You'll be surprised how sturdy they are. You may need to use pointed nose pliers.I can't remember, it's so long since I pulled mine.

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
Just took a picture of my EM50 box.
Sorry about the state of the inside, it's been 10years since I last opened the lid
2010 model using 325 controller.
Hope this helps.
You can see the removed links on the right.
20210803_210113.jpg

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Just pull them out. You'll be surprised how sturdy they are. You may need to use pointed nose pliers.I can't remember, it's so long since I pulled mine.
If you disconnect a jumper, it's a good idea to refit it so that it's only on one of the pins. Then it won't be lost if you ever need to connect it again.

davida71uk

Free Member
Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New

Thans franknjan so they are just a horseshoe shaped pin connecting both sides? They do indeed seem sturdy and not easy to get out.

davida71uk

Free Member
Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
Pins disconnected, step stopped. They're not the easiest things to work out which bit is pulled but got there in the end. Thanks.

Sep 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
I can see my pins but can’t see how to turn them off ?

Also if the red light on my EM50 has gone out should I check the F1 fuse?

davida71uk

Free Member
Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
I can see my pins but can’t see how to turn them off ?

Also if the red light on my EM50 has gone out should I check the F1 fuse?
Disconnect the jumper by pulling the plastic straight up and then just connect the jumper to one pin so as not to lose the jumper. Not sure about the fuse, mine is always on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back