Autotrail Cheyanne 632 Bike Rack (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
Good afternoon all,
I am looking to fit a bike rack to the back of my Autotrail 632, i have looked at the cheaper versions that clamp to the tow ball but i don't really like them and the one i tried was sitting too low.

I wanted a rack that was more substantial and "Bolted" to the van through the rear panel, (no rear window).
I have seen the Fiamma Carry Bike Pro and that looks fine. I am quite capable of fitting a few bolts etc but i don't want to (blindly) drill through the rear wall/panel into water or electric.

Does anyone have any hints, tips, measurements etc so that i can drill safely ?
Thank's in advance.
Autotrail 2.JPG

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a universal stud detector will help you hit internal timber, but remember that the rear wall construction is 4mm faced ply, 40mm insulation an 3mm abs plastic end cap. you will need to use spreader plates to ensure the rack doesnt pull the bolts through the wall

OP
OP
MacroMad
Mar 16, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu T460
Exp
Feb 2017
a universal stud detector will help you hit internal timber, but remember that the rear wall construction is 4mm faced ply, 40mm insulation an 3mm abs plastic end cap. you will need to use spreader plates to ensure the rack doesnt pull the bolts through the wall
Thank you Sir, that has given me more confidence. Fore warned is fore armed.
Many thank's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back