Free Member
Jul 14, 2017
Abersoch
Funster No
MH
Fiat autotrail
Exp
3years
Hi everyone I'm new on here but been motorhoming for 3 years and we love it,we have a 2000 fiat autotrail in lovely condition,I've noticed the ceiling panel in the middle of the van a looks distorted and can sometimes look a little worse than other times(not sure if that's just my imagination though!!)it's a solid plastic panel and it's almost like it looks a little heat warped,is this possible?ive never seen any leaks at all inside the van and it all seems very dry everywhere.

OP
OP
C

chris pilling

Free Member
Jul 14, 2017
Abersoch
Funster No
MH
Fiat autotrail
Exp
3years
It's hard to see in a pic but if you zoom in you might see what I mean

Attachments

• IMG_8668.JPG
    IMG_8668.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 132

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Chris, welcome to the fun. Normally with distorted panels you would think, water ingress, but if its dry then you've little to worry about. Maybe there was some in the past and it was damaged then. Hopefully though its just a cosmetic thing and that's easy to cure. You just use all your will power and stop looking at it :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

chris pilling

Free Member
Jul 14, 2017
Abersoch
Funster No
MH
Fiat autotrail
Exp
3years
Haha yeh that's what I've been trying to do recently!!I just woke up this morning and saw it on a different angle from the overhead cab bed!Is the only way to test for damp with a damp reader or are these panels easily removable from the inside?

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome !
It may be water ingress a damp metre will show that , is a habitation check due? I hope you get it sorted.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Chris.
Our Autotrail also had a little bit of the ceiling panel drooping slightly.
It is just a matter of the adhesive that holds the panel to the inside of the van, becoming unstuck...
A hypodermic syringe full of suitable glue will penetrate the panel and re-affix it.
Mitch.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think you will find that the ceiling is a hardboard type material rather than being plastic and yes it may well stick back up. If it was damp you would very soon see staining on the board.

Martin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I do hope it's not a damp issue starting - if you can I'd suggest you go up onto the roof and check round all areas where there are apertures through the roof, ie roof vents, aerial etc just to make sure they are all in good condition and none of the sealant has cracked/shrunk or is missing/unstuck. Once you have confirmed that damp ingress isn't an issue then look at re-attaching it as described above by others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

chris pilling

Free Member
Jul 14, 2017
Abersoch
Funster No
MH
Fiat autotrail
Exp
3years
Thankyou all very much for your replies,I'm pretty hopefull/confident it's an adhesive issue as it's also done the same above the cab bed at the front of the van and there's nothing at all above that part of the van where water could get in,was yours the same year Jenny/Mitch?like Martin has said it's quite a hard plastic so not sure how easy it would be to penetrate?this is a pic of the van....

Attachments

• IMG_6772.JPG
    IMG_6772.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 15

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back