Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Have decided to fit a bike rack to the rear of my Autotrail - appreciate any guidance as to which make and model will fit.

I have been informed that the Fiamma pro C will do the job but having looked at other makes with one fitted I have doubts.

Anyone out there who can give me some pointers please.

Jack

smiffy502000

Free Member
Aug 5, 2012
sutton coldfield
Funster No
MH
coach built.
Exp
since 2008
hi jack. if you have a tow ball on your van, I would go for one that fits on to it, its a lot less trouble than having a fiamma fitted.its not so high to lift your heavy bikes, and you can clean the rear panel of your pride and joy with ease,and you don't need to have holes drilled in your van. thule do a good one, just type in tow ball bike rack, loads will come up::bigsmile:

Last edited:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I agree with Smiffy, depends if you have a tow bar already or not
, we have an Altera Strada towball mounted carrier for our electric bikes, works very well, but I did have to contact the sellers to inform them that I only had a fog lamp on the N/S of the carrier, they. Sent me new lights which cured the problem, well happy with the bike rack itself though, very sturdy, easy and quick to put on and remove as well, recommended.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Bike Rack

We have a Fiamma on our Tracker FB.

But as said its very high to clear the spare wheel, wider than a standard rack so bike covers don't fit it.

You almost need a pair of steps to get to the top fixings :thumb::thumb:

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I agree with the tow ball one I have just bought the witter flange one and its perfect carries four bikes and is solid.

We are currently in France and its so easy to get the bikes on and off it and with our campervan also having the autotrail spare wheel cover it would be awkward putting a rack high up.::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Attachments

• Fiamma_Autotrail_motorhome_bike_rack__.jpg
    Fiamma_Autotrail_motorhome_bike_rack__.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 70

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I have an Omni Plus double bike rack on mine ! Just the job and easy to get off if you need to get at the spare wheel ! Only twice in 7 years !.....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
I have an Omni Plus double bike rack on mine ! Just the job and easy to get off if you need to get at the spare wheel ! Only twice in 7 years !.....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Not trying to sell in the wrong place but I have one of these for sale cheap if you wish to pm me?

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
If a bike rack is fitted to an autotrail chieftan, does it so significantly alter the length that the cost of going on the ferry is much more? If so, is it possible to take a rack of before getting the ferry and then store the bikes in the MH and then put it back once of the boat! Or does this sound silly?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
If a bike rack is fitted to an autotrail chieftan, does it so significantly alter the length that the cost of going on the ferry is much more? If so, is it possible to take a rack of before getting the ferry and then store the bikes in the MH and then put it back once of the boat! Or does this sound silly?

I don't know about taking them off the rack would affect the price but it's around a fiver each way extra on a Portsmouth/St Malo crossing. (y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have Fiamma carry bike on our FB but I had to have a special cover made as standard ones don't fit:wasntme:

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
We have Autotrail Cheyenne 696g and have the Omni were warned against flamma one from several people inc. Eddie Vanbitz...good enough to me Eddie warns l listen.

We had John Rose fit the Omnistor they have a travel around service came up from Dorset fitted it at home. Can not reccomend him highly enough. Dead easy to use as well.
http://www.omnistorawnings.co.uk/action/contactus/

Sunsets Unlimited.

Free Member
Oct 17, 2014
No fixed abode.
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail Cheyenne 840D
Exp
Since 2009

Have Auto-trail Cheyenne with Fiamma bike rack. Can't remove ours, wouldn't try. Don't tell them its there when you book. Never been checked when we exit Portsmouth for Santander. :happy:

:coolest:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back