Autotrail Arapaho (1 Viewer)

Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
The new to me Arapaho is throwlng up a few problems for me which I need some advice on. Firstly, we have a full tank of waste water but with the tap fully open nothing comes out. I have pushed a wire drain rod in which seems to go as far as the tank but then feels as if it hits a dead end. I assume this is just a pipe from a tank and there are no hidden gizmos I should know about.

The second problem is when the toilet is not used for a few hours and I return, there is an inch of water in the pan even when the electrics are turned off.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
On our Autotrail, there is just a plastic quarter-turn ball valve on the waste.

It sounds as if the solenoid valve for the toilet is leaking, allowing the pressurised water to leak into the bowl. I don't know how to replace it, but hope someone else on here can help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Firstly, we have a full tank of waste water but with the tap fully open nothing comes out.

The second problem is when the toilet is not used for a few hours and I return, there is an inch of water in the pan even when the electrics are turned off.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
1- Does it perhaps know you have a full waste tank and won't let you inadvertently put more in via the taps? What happens if the waste is emptied?
2- As above, sounds like a leak that might need to be traced from the bowl back to the pipework. Perhaps too this is impacting the taps as in the pressure in the pipes/pump is all over the place. I assume there I some pressure for it to leak in the first place

The water pump, does it work as expected?

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
We have an Arapaho.
Our waste water just requires releasing the 41mm 1/4 valve just in front of the drivers side rear wheel.
With regards to the toilet water. The system is pressurised. So as you say you have some water in the bowl, are you allowing enough time for the flush water to drain into the tank before closing the flap?
If after some time of non tap operation you hear the water pump operating for a short burst, you have a leak somewhere. The pump senses a drop in pressure and recharges the system.
I'd heard the pump in the middle of the night. Eventually found the bathroom tap leaking where the pipes screw into the base of the tap. Not pouring out, just wet.
Hope this helps. If you hear the water pump pulsing as I say, you definitely have a leak somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mushy
Aug 11, 2016
ipswich
Funster No
MH
Not sure
Exp
1 year
OK thanks guys. The grey waste problem has been found. There is a flexible bend before the waste tap that has 2 small holes in it and has been dripping out the contents. As its been constantly raining or wet we didn't spot the leak so that should be an easy fix.

The toilet water could be down to a seep on the main water tank pump so will sort that and if that doesn't sort it I will follow the thread above. Thanks Revolvor.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back