Autotrail Apache with 3,000cc Turbo Diesel (1 Viewer)

Tresan

Free Member
Mar 26, 2015
Funster No
I am a Newbie, joined last weekend at the Newark Motorhome Show, I have had the above for a couple of months and it is fitted with the Co0mfortmatic gearbox which I very much like, I saw a performance chip stand at the show that said that both Power and Torque would be boosted.

Has anyone out there done this and if so does it work and who did purchase it off?

Thanks,

Tresan

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
A very interesting topic.
Is it possible that the makers of your van have set it up to use more fuel than it needs to?
Is it also possible that they have designed it to be less powerful than its competitors?
Or have they set it up to get the most power from the least fuel use. For sure you can have it set to give more power or to be more economical. I ask myself if Fiat, against all of the commercial competition would design a van to be worse than it needs to be.
However, if I wish to play games with my insurance validity and spend a couple of hundred pounds finding out, there are plenty of people waiting to take my money.

Alan

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, I don't have a peformance chip and was put off them by people on here talking about burnt out clutches and other issues.
I am sure someone will be along soon who knows what they are talking about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun
I dont know the answer.
My 3 lt is the old model 150pk
And its enough for me.
We use to pull 28 tonne with less horse power.

Mel

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We had the 3 litre fiat engine in our 2008 Arapaho, that was remapped considered a better option than the add on boxes.
Average fuel consumption on motorways was 27 mpg and it was very quick from a standing start.
Told the insurance company and they informed us that was ok with no increase to the cost of the policy.

OP
OP
T

Tresan

Free Member
Mar 26, 2015
Funster No
Thanks so far, I understand about the insurance implications having worked in the industry since 1970 and being a Chartered Insurance Broker, it was just that the guy on the stall stated that it increased mpg and robnchris who had their Arapaho re-mapped seem to confirm this, did a local Fiat agent do this for you?

Thanks,

Tresan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Thanks so far, I understand about the insurance implications having worked in the industry since 1970 and being a Chartered Insurance Broker, it was just that the guy on the stall stated that it increased mpg and robnchris who had their Arapaho re-mapped seem to confirm this, did a local Fiat agent do this for you?

Thanks,

Tresan
Diesel Bob. http://www.dieselbob.co.uk quality service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back