Autotrail Apache buying advise please (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I agree its a fab layout. We have a Scout which is the same.

I can actually walk from the cab, past the dinette, past the bathroom and into the rear lounge without obstruction.

In my old fixed bed Burstner you couldn't really walk anywhere and that drove me potty on a rainy day.

Chris is your scout one of the newwer ones with the bigger lounge, if so can you lay with your feet up on both settee's?

Mines an 05 with one settee shorter than the other

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Chris is your scout one of the newwer ones with the bigger lounge, if so can you lay with your feet up on both settee's?

Mines an 05 with one settee shorter than the other

Yes its a new one.

One side is still shorter than the other but you can lie out both sides. I think its only about 6 or 7 inches longer than your lounge so nothing in it really.

Rapidoman 2011

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 21, 2013
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9009 DFH
Exp
20 Years Plus
travelworld and Apache 700

l just brought a Apache 700 from Travelworld, as it was the first time l was doing business with them, when they asked if l wanted to leave a deposit to secure van l just said no and would ring them the day before l wanted to view. This l did and they had 2 used Autotrail Apache 700s there for me to look at, Once l saw the van, listed some bad points for them to check and left a 1000 pound deposit, remaining and finance to be sorted when l picked up motorhome. In the last 15 years l have had approx 11 or twelve motorhomes, all of which were from Chelston, never left a deposit, rang them, then picked it up when ready.
NEVER put down a deposit without seeing van first, it can take ages to get money refunded if the van is wrong, if they say you must, just walk away, far to many good dealers out there to worry about one and as far as a certain van goes, there is always more than one.
regards
tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kiwi Coss

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have just returned from Lincoln and we were looking at a 7m Apache 2013 but I wanted something a bit older 2009 - 2011. The dealer said they get a lot more 2nd hand MH after the NEC show as a lot of buyers order new vans to be delivered in the new year with 2014 plates and trade their old one in. So maybe best to wait till Oct and see if more 2nd hand vans on the market. As the law of marketing goes the more supply the lower the price. Good luck

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have a Cheyenne 740s in stock, physical and you know what Johns Cross is like to deal with:thumb:

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/auto-trail-cheyenne-740s-se.html

As regards asking for a holding deposit, it is a way of of making sure that the van is not sold to someone else before you can get to view it to make a decision providing of course you have it in writing that it is only valid for a certain period and is fully refundable.

Peter

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
chelston are very good to deal with

NO COMMENT !! :Doh:

Say's the man who paid a small fortune for a major service (Fiat agents they claim to be as well) and cam belt change.... Only to have the fuel filter almost fall off the following week in Germany.. !!! I was not impressed......
The ADAC breakdown men in Trier just shook their heads... :Angry:

No doubt others WILL have good reports about them.. I even hear Brownhill's get some praise now and again.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back