autotrail and omnistor (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Hopefully someone will have already been down this road and can shed some light our way.
We have an Autotrail Arapaho and have just bought off the infamous Ebay an omnistor residence room, now the awning on the Arapaho is of the recessed type and guess what the awning sides are too long grrr
Our fault as the guy did say the room was off an autotrail but silly us didn`t ask what sort of awning was fitting.
Rather that go through the process of reselling it we are thinking it can`t be beyond the scope of man to have this cut down to fit, the roof bars I can manage but will need to have the sides done professionally.
Has anyone encountered this and is there anywhere we can buy the fittings we need to attach to the bars to the inside of the awning houses at front and also to were it is attached to the side of the motorhome.
Thanks in anticipation.

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
omnistor

Well to add an update, after lots of trolling the internet managed to get all the info and contacts for the bits and people that can help get this residence room to fit the Autotrail awning.

I just wonder why Autotrail decided to go with Omnistor and why Omnistor in their infinite wisdom decided to fit an awning that is totally unique to the autotrail motorhomes.
Why they had to make it a different size (some 225mm shorter) from the standard is a mystery.

Anyway thanks to Hill View Awnings who were so helpfull and provided me with the the necessary parts and tips on how to fit it all, Squirrel Awnings from Bromborough who are cutting the Residence room sides down to fit the modified roof bars.

Another happy ending :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Rob
Try Squirrel awnings on Bromborough Rake Wirral-they are in the phone book.

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
We had the same issue with our Comanche. Hill View Awnings sorted the whole thing out for not a lot & we use it a lot now.

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Auto trail asked omnistor to cut down the weight of the Awning so they used less material hence the 2.25 projection rather than 2.5 also you have to pay more for the auto trail residence room

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
If autrail commaniche awnings are 2.25 not 2.5 will an awning taken off an autotrail Comanche fit a swift escape omnistor which can pull out to 2.25 or can pull out even further to 2.5 m ?? I’m guessing that the height is roughly the same - be grateful if anyone knows. It’s a Thule panoramic so the awning is all made up of seperate panels and we realise that a front panel will need altering as we are an odd awning size 2.5 x 4.25 m

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back