Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi all

We are looking to buy a Autotrail 660se 3ltr fiat, we would appreciate any info on this model both good and bad points.
This will be our first motorhome so if anyone has one of these it would help with what points to look out for.

Thanks

Oscarmax

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
may 2008
You will love the 660, I know we love ours. Ours is a 2.3, it pulls fine. If your going for the 3 litre, have you thought about the comfortmatic, I have heard only good feed back, unlike the manuals. However here are my tips.

1. By the freeview box there are two switches, turn them off when not using the van, otherwise the battery will discharge.

2. Buy a spare wheel from Fiat and a good quality tyre from indepedant supply/fitter. if you use their aerosol the tyre is unrepairable, and it will fit below the floor at the rear in its original locker.

3. We inflate our tyres 58 psi front/ 68 psi rear. We find Fiat pressures too high.

4. The Fiat Maxi chassis which the 660 is based on has been extended at the rear, unfortunately, we have found this is not as good as the Alko chassis.
(a) On motorways/dual carriageways it has a strong tendancy to tramline when following the deep wheel tracks made by the HGVs, we have noticed we cannot keep up with the Alko chassis in these conditions.
(b) If fitting a towbar attach right back to the Fiat chassis, I have seen towbars attached to the chassis extention only.

5. Sink top, oven glass, etc we wrap in towels to reduce the rattles.

Good choice and goodluck:thumb:

Oscarmax

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
may 2008
before you proceed i would look at outandaboutlive.co.uk it would appear Fiat have changed their mind as regards resolving the transmission problems:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back