Autostratus CK Bed (1 Viewer)

T

thereject

Deleted User
Hello,
I'm rather hoping that someone can help. I now own a Elddis Autostratus CK and for the life of me I cannot figure how the middle bed (opposite the oven) makes up?
I have found the two ends that extend into the corridor space but cannot understand how the cushions are arranged. It may sound silly but I am living in hope that those of you with more experiance will be able to assist,
Many thanks
Tony

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It may sound silly but I am living in hope that those of you with more experiance will be able to assist
Tony

No, not at all. If you had bought new you have been sent on a course to a Monastery in Tibet. It takes about five years but at the end of this you can do it in the dark on the side of a hill in a thunder storm.

Our Burstner has a diagram, I think it was written by the inventor of the Rubic's Cube after a night on Russian Vodka.

If all else fails get out the Swiss Army Knife and the Duct Tape.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hello,
I'm rather hoping that someone can help. I now own a Elddis Autostratus CK and for the life of me I cannot figure how the middle bed (opposite the oven) makes up?
I have found the two ends that extend into the corridor space but cannot understand how the cushions are arranged. It may sound silly but I am living in hope that those of you with more experiance will be able to assist,
Many thanks
Tony

Me too, I have no idea how to make up the middle bed in my Kontiki, so anyone out there that can help us both, please do.

Cheers

Lesley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Me too, I have no idea how to make up the middle bed in my Kontiki, so anyone out there that can help us both, please do.

Cheers

Lesley

hi lesley,
i can help you for sure and maybe thereject too.

remove the dinnete table,

between the dinnete seats is a narrow box fixed to the wall and flush with the seat base tops,

the top of the box is a loose panel, pull it towards the opposite end of the seats,

inside and attached to the panel should be two tapes with bed lathes attached (if not then look in the box, they tapes may have broken)which sit on runners on the edge if the seat bases.

slide the two main cushions together in the middle and lay the backrest cushions at either side of these.

it may be more comfy to turn all the cushions through 90degs ie...lengthways..front to back.

i thuink you are supposed to turn all the cushions over to make a smoother surface...flat on the back, shaped on the front.

if, ofcourse, yours is the same as ours:Doh:

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Thank you very much John, just made up the middle bed for the first time.

I always wondered how you filled the gap when you pull out the extentions, but I just found in the top bed above the cabin a 3 piece cushion with the middle cushion having a wooden base that overlaps the pullouts. Taaa daa a double bed.

Thanks again John, you are a hero.

Next time I have a row with Alan, I will sleep there. hee hee.

Lesley

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
never thought about the extention pullouts as we've never used that bed.
i just assumed the cushions would fit when turned the other way on...front to back.
dont think we have that cushion/bit of wood.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hi lesley,

between the dinnete seats is a narrow box fixed to the wall and flush with the seat base tops,

the top of the box is a loose panel, pull it towards the opposite end of the seats,

inside and attached to the panel should be two tapes with bed lathes attached (if not then look in the box, they tapes may have broken)which sit on runners on the edge if the seat bases.

slide the two main cushions together in the middle and lay the backrest cushions at either side of these.

it may be more comfy to turn all the cushions through 90degs ie...lengthways..front to back.

i thuink you are supposed to turn all the cushions over to make a smoother surface...flat on the back, shaped on the front.

Hell that sounds harder than driving the LHC !

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class

John, I did notice the 3 cushion wraparound thingy in the overcabin bed when I first bought the kontiki, but thought it was for protection for the overcabin bed, but when I tried to make up the bed there was a big gap between the 2 pullouts. I pulled the 3 cushion wraparound thingy down and hey presto it fitted between the pullout extentions overlapping the wooden pullouts. Voila, double bed.

Thanks again John.

Sorry for Hi jacking your thread thereject, hope John has helped you as well.

Lesley

OP
OP
T

thereject

Deleted User
hi lesley,

if, ofcourse, yours is the same as ours:Doh:

Hi John,

Many thanks for your help but sadly it didn't manage to completetly answer my question.

I am familiar with the slat thingy and havepulled that out. Mine was built in 1999 (I don't know if that makes a difference) It has two more support extension that come from under the seats and pull out towards the oven. The rear most cushion has a slit in it to accomodate the upright that holds the seat belt between the seat. My problem is, because of the slit it doesn't seem possable to make the bed flat. The rear most seat being contured and that conture manifesting itself about 18"-24" from the end of the bed. Also what are the (Oven side) extensions for? What fits in them? Is it me being thick or are there parts (cushion's) missing? We have two more cushions approx 3' long but they don't seem to fit anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!
yours as ever in anticipation
Tony

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Lesley,
You can always email us at Swift if your are stuck with anything, we would be happy to help,
Thanks
Andy

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Andy

Thanks again

I know I can email you at swift and have done in the past. You have helped me with a couple of problems in the past.

The reason I did not was because it was just by chance that I spotted therejects thread about the middle bed and on the spur of the moment thought, yes, I don't know how to do that either so I just added to his thread.

I know I can rely on you if I should have any problems, cheers Andy

Lesley

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John,

Many thanks for your help but sadly it didn't manage to completetly answer my question.

I am familiar with the slat thingy and havepulled that out. Mine was built in 1999 (I don't know if that makes a difference) It has two more support extension that come from under the seats and pull out towards the oven. The rear most cushion has a slit in it to accomodate the upright that holds the seat belt between the seat. My problem is, because of the slit it doesn't seem possable to make the bed flat. The rear most seat being contured and that conture manifesting itself about 18"-24" from the end of the bed. Also what are the (Oven side) extensions for? What fits in them? Is it me being thick or are there parts (cushion's) missing? We have two more cushions approx 3' long but they don't seem to fit anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!
yours as ever in anticipation
Tony

hi tony,

no...you're not being thick.
i think lesleys post will answer the question of the pullout extensions(they make the bed much wider) and the 3 interconnected cushions, center one with a wooden back board which bridges the gap in the extensions, which we both seem to be missing.

as we never use this bed it never occured to me something was missing.:Doh:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
have you been to the Elddis site and looked in the downloads section under archives, your model may be there in pdf. format.Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back