Autosleeper (1 Viewer)

Sep 20, 2014
Luton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
8 years
Hose from my ( whale ) water pump has split. Having trouble as ordinary hose is too big
Any advice as to how I can repair so as to take onboard water ?

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Would a funnel with a narrow neck work? Or could you repair the split with waterproof tape?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Gorilla tape is not cheap but should do the job. Ask at any builders merchants for tape to seal in water. A fish centre could also carry such tape.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
is it a flat blue hose ? just use hozelock connector(s) (y)

Attachments

• hze.jpg
    hze.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 4

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have the same system on my Broadway, useless idea, what's wrong with a watering can Oh Please!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
You should have a separate short hose with a pump that sucks water from a bucket or container. Use that ??

Spares for these whale devices are readily available at caravan/ camping outlets.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
You should have a separate short hose with a pump that sucks water from a bucket or container. Use that ??

Spares for these whale devices are readily available at caravan/ camping outlets.
I have one of those, but filling up is infuriatingly slow with it.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Sorry I thought you were stuck and needed to get some water on board...

No, just voicing my opinion on a useless system, apparently when you ordered a Broadway new, you could specify the old type filler typa as well as the Whale system, but we bought ours a year old and it didn't have the old ssytem fitted, Oh well.....

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
No, just voicing my opinion on a useless system, apparently when you ordered a Broadway new, you could specify the old type filler typa as well as the Whale system, but we bought ours a year old and it didn't have the old ssytem fitted, Oh well.....

We bought a new Broadway last year and it came with both types as standard. I am happy with the old “hole in the wall” filler and have never even tried to use the Whale automatic one.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We bought a new Broadway last year and it came with both types as standard. I am happy with the old “hole in the wall” filler and have never even tried to use the Whale automatic one.

I wouldn’t bother!.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
We got a new Nuevo last year and had both fillers as well.
I’ve never used the open filler and always use the whale.
I am helped though by the fact that the pressure switch malfunctioned and I never sorted it so I can fill it at the rate I want and still connect up a hog with the whale pump when I want as well.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Self amalgamating / consoldating tape is brilliant for mending hoses. Can even be used on hot pressurised engine hoses. I first came accross it when I was visiting a marine engineering works to get spare engine hoses for my boat before a channel crossing but was told not to bother just buy a roll of this amazing self amalgamating tape. The engineer told me it would make a long lasting repair and probably be stronger than the original hose. So far it has never failed me and I never go away without it.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

When on site I will every couple of days fill the tank on our van using the short pipe and a couple of clean folding buckets. I find it easy and convenient.. and a great secondary way of filling which many vans don’t have.

Useless is a little harsh.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have a 23 litre Fiamma container, the whale pump takes at least 10 minutes to empty it, and then not always fully, and I have to hold the pump down in the water as the pump hose is very short, or the whale fitting housing is high on my Broadway, so standing there , if it’s raining, or cold and windy as it was at Xmas, no fun, and I need 4 container fills to fill my fresh water tank.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Our filler hose split that came with our Autosleeper, I bought a new one and a year later that started to split too.
So, I bought a length of flat hose and connected that to the whale filler using a new original type steel clamp
I know people criticise the fillers but in 3 years it never failed to fill our 120 litre tank in the 10 minutes allowed on most service points abroad
And the benefits are that it has an auto shut off and can be permanently connected to water and will keep the tank topped up, if you find a service point with that facility

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back