Autosleeper Warwick v Devon Aztec (1 Viewer)

Andy H

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Tio Savanah PVC
Exp
We are currently looking for our 1st Moho. we've got a pretty good idea of what we'd like and reckon than a 3500kg, 6m PVC with a rear lounge would fit the bill.

With that in mind there are a couple of vans that fit the bill at Choose Leisure, namely an Link Removed and a Link Removed.

The layout is similar to our old caravan, albeit on a smaller scale, so we know it is a layout that works for us, plus, one of can stay up if the other wishes to go to bed, without having to climb over the bed to get to the loo.

They appear to have adequate payloads with enough extra capacity for a few mods. Potential mods would be; solar panel, extra leisure battery, bike rack (the Aztec has a tow bar already), Gaslow and tank heaters.

There are only us two, plus the dog, and we travel fairly lightly (had to when we had the devil pod, the pod had a payload of 150kg and we towed with a VW Golf). So apart from personal clothes and stuff the extras would just be a couple of bikes, a couple of chairs, table, windbreak and the dogs stuff.

The kind of use the van will get is 2 main holiday of 3/4 weeks at easter and summer and and shorter 10 day hols at half term, plus the odd weekend. Planning on main hols in Europe and shorter hols in UK, and at some point maybe short winter trips to the Alps and a longish Scandi trip. We're not really sun and sangria types, more mountains and fresh air

So, we'd really appreciate hearing others peoples experiences and opinions, especially if you have experience of either of the two vehicles mentioned.

Thanks

Andy

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I own Warwick Duo,i have had it for 3yrs and it fills all our need 2 adults + a dog,we have a solar panel and satellite on the roof + tow bar and tow bar bike carrier.
The layout suits us with the rear lounge and if you have single beds they are ready in minutes or in 10mins a large double.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Andy H

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Tio Savanah PVC
Exp
Thanks for the reply. We're going in the morning to have a look.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

kevinktwo

Free Member
Oct 16, 2016
Gateshead
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
not yet
We are looking at similar layouts our list is a bit wider as
- we are not sure that our two Weimariners will fit into a panel van so are still considering coachbuilt
- we are wondering if paying the extra for a Merc base vehicle is worth it as we expect to keep it till it falls to pieces and because we have got stuck a couple of times due to the lack of traction with unweighted front wheel drive of the Peugeot/Fait/Renault and have been more successful with rear wheel sprinters

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
When looking at panel vans you need to ask yourself where can I store the things you need such as chairs, table, windbreak ect. I solved my own storage when I did my conversion but it appears to be sadly lacking in most commercial vans.
20150830_125146.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Andy H

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Tio Savanah PVC
Exp
We don't carry much, apart from the bikes we'll carry about the same amount as we did in our old touring caravan, the panel vans we have looked at have a similar amount of storage, and we managed ok before. Our old caravan had a payload of 150kg, so even taking into account a passenger and the dog, a couple of bikes and rack we reckon we should be ok as most of the vans we are looking at have 600kg ish payloads.

Andy

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back