Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hi all,

We're looking at getting our first van and have (after increasing budget by 10k!) almost, I think, decided to get an autosleeper pollensa 1999 on the 2.5d transit. We've seen one at £16500.
Does anyone have any experience of this model that they can share?
Any problems to look out for?
Where does the pollensa fall within the autosleeper range?
Does the price sound reasonable?
Thanks for your help chaps
:Smile::Smile:

Senator

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Worthing
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 Years
Hi Paul

I have a year 2000 Pollensa which will be identical to the one you are considering. Personally we are delighted with ours,:thumb: it ticks the right boxes for us and you are definately chosing one with the best engine option.

Not sure what info you want but if you have any specific questions please let me know.

Mark

Senator

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Worthing
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 Years
Sorry Paul, just re-read your original post and you did ask specific questions!

Can't really advise on any particular problems as ours has been perfect. Auotsleeper have a good reputation for solid build quality. As far as coachbuilt are concerned, of course Autosleeper are famous for their Monoque bodies, although the Pollensa follows the more usual construction albeit with GRP side walls.

At 6m (almost) it's not the biggest van but we find it ideal for the two of us and small dog, although when our daughter joins us it can start to feel cramped. But it's a great size for driving around in.

What you don't say is the mileage of the one you are considering. But even so the price looks good and I doubt you will do better!

Good luck with your purchase.

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Mark

Thanks for your replies......we've now taken the plunge and bought it.....deposit paid and snag list completed for the dealer to sort out before collection in just under 2 weeks...::bigsmile:
Already looking at where to go the first 2 weekends after we get it...can't wait.
Only heard good things about autosleeper and glad to have found the transit base and 2.5td engine. Transit easy to work on and parts easy to come by at reasonable prices.

The mileage is 52k........from what we've seen this is about right for the age of the van...but I may be wrong.

Really excited about picking up our first van
I'm sure we'll have lots of questions once we get going.

Senator

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Worthing
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 Years
Hey Paul

Well done for taking the plunge and welcome to the world of motorhoming! I doubt you will be disapointed (with either).:Smile:::bigsmile:

The mileage is about right for the year and certainly for that engine it is not much. Having said that mine has only done 11K on the Boxer 2.5TDi, so is only just run in!

If you have any questions in the future give me shout!

Now we just need a decent summer.

All the best,

Mark

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Mark,

Only 11k.....your van's had a nice life so far then::bigsmile:

Have you ever towed a car with your van...is it suitable for this?
Do you know, or does anyone know of a 4 seater car that will fall below the 750kg limit for towing with an a frame?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back