Aug 29, 2013
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo ES
Exp
7 years
Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed

I bought the Nuevo from new at the end of April 2006 and have had so many problems - big and small! I am so disappointed in a) the Autosleeper conversion for habitation and b) the Peugeot Boxer chassis
a) Autosleeper conversion - [FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman]Just some of the problems that have occurred! L[/FONT]eaking windows which have had to be taken out and 'reset'. Broken Link Removed Warped habitation door which now lets in water. Broken Link Removed Chipboard too thin to take the strain of the luggage retaining straps above the cab. Had to replace the habitation battery within a couple of months. The Trauma fire was faulty from day 1. My qualified engineer had to dismantle the wardrobe to get to the workings of the fire - much time and therefore money. Found an old rag - YES an old rag under the wardrobe floor behind the fire. Some of the top cupboard doors have enlarged so very difficult to open. Curtains around windscreen as very difficult to draw as the rails are too close to the ceiling. Not enough curtain material so they won't overlap - so if I want privacy Broken Link Removed then I have to use a peg to hold them closed. The seats are very hard and uncomfortable - let alone when converted to a bed. We put several sleeping bags on top of the seating to provide some cushioning.
b) Peugeot Boxer chassis. The chassis has already started to show signs of rust[FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman] -[/FONT][FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman]only 7 years old![/FONT] The local Peugeot dealers body shop was surprised and said it was unacceptable. That Peugeot should wax the chassis which would help to prevent rust[FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman] [/FONT][FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman]- and at very little extra cost.[/FONT] Peugeot, of course, don't want to know - couldn't even be bothered to phone me just an ' ..... The anit-perforation warranty covers perforation from the inside out of box sections only (i.e. the chassis and is subject to regular inspections. It would not cover this type of ...' Typical of a manufacturer to hide behind their useless warranty.Broken Link Removed
A new engine battery had to be installed before 6 months old.

The road holding is very poor - beware of leaves on a damp road on a slight[FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman] [/FONT]incline[FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman].[/FONT]
By October you need a cover over your knees as the insulation around the cab is totally inadequate.[FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman] Broken Link Removed
[/FONT]

[FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman]I could go on with further problems but wonder if others have had similar experiences. It seems to me, sadly, that once you have purchased a Peugeot Nuevo and they have your £40,000 + they both (Autosleeper & Peugeot) refuse to take any responsibility for after sales problems - which quite honestly shouldn't have happened in the first place.[/FONT]
[FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman]This has been the worst buy of my life and probably the greatest disappointment. Don't get caught like I have.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Peugeot, Arial, Courier, Times New Roman]BEWARE - Do NOT buy a Peugeot Autosleeper Nuevo unless you have money to burn.Broken Link Removed
[/FONT]

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Very odd for a first post.... You haven't even introduced yourself.

My 06 plate Fiat was rusting away when I sold it, so your Peugot is not alone. Mercedes don't seal either - these are builders vans designed to be thrashed to death over 4 years.

My own experience of Auto-Sleeper after sales has been extremely good so I can only speak as I find. Very helpful and constructive.

No doubt there are some unhappy owners and ex owners of every marque but by and large the majority are happy with what is a hand built product.

I commend you for sticking so long - 7 years, no less - with something that by your own words has been an utter dog virtually since day 1. I wonder why you persevered so long?

Also why wait so long before coming on here and complaining bitterly in your first post?

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
My Autosleeper is 17 years old but conversion is as good as new. My second Autosleeper and very very satisfied. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back