AutoSleeper Nuevo electric central heating (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
2009 Nuevo ES

Hi, I've not posted much before because I usually find the answers before asking! Sadly not this time.
We're on a 6 week run round Sweden and our mains (hook up) central heating has stopped working - without changing sites. The gas still works ok so we're not going to freeze overnight but I can't find a fuse or breaker to blame. The electric water heater is ok as is the fridge so the power supply to the vehicle is ok. The only thing not is the heating. It's switched 'ON' in the wardrobe but when we set the heating (at the habitation door) to 500, 1000 or 2000W the green LED still firmly off, regardless of the temperature set on the rotary control.
I like to think I'm fairly handy with electrics but this has me beat.
Any help, clues (or insults) would be welcome!
Cheers,
Norrie

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Think you maybe in the wrong section to get replies.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is there an RCD somewhere? It will look a bit like a small domestic "fuse box" :) It is possible the heater has its own circuit and it has tripped. Otherwise I fear the element may have gone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
There may be a dedicated heater 240V fixed fuse socket in the van that has either been switched off/ knocked and switched off or the standard house fuse inside has blown.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi if your boiler is similar to mine there is an internal fuse panel hidden in the body of the boiler ,which is usually almost inaccsesible .

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section but thanks for the replies.
I've searched for a dedicated fuse and can't find one and none of the circuit breakers are marked 'heating' or Ultraheat. I've disconnected and reset everything I can find but to no avail.
Interestingly, after a wee drive to the shops an hour ago it worked perfectly when I got back and tried it, so there's nothing permanently damaged. It's got to be a duff connection, loose fuse, switch or whatever.
The Autosleeper manual makes little mention of it apart from how to use it.
I did email Autosleeper this morning but they're obviously too busy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Mike, that sounds promising.
I find access to the whole area very difficult indeed as I can't work out how the drawer below the wardrobe (and above the boiler) comes out!
I have asked Scotland's only Autosleeper agent before but they said it doesn't.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back