• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Autosleeper Duetto (1 Viewer)

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
We are looking to buy a used camper, and have narrowed it down to the Autosleeper range, PVC not coach built, preferably the Duetto. Ideally it would be approx 2002 plate, with a service history, reasonable mileage, and a known history (not too many owners). We currently can’t travel too far, so looking at a range of 50 miles approximately of Leeds/Bradford in West Yorkshire.

I know it’s a lot to expect, but you never know, there may just be someone on here thinking of selling, so........

OP
OP
R

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
Good luck with your search @Rolyan, our first motorhome was a 2003 Duetto .... and by coincidence I bought it privately in Bradford. They are great mohos and I hope you soon find yours.
Many thanks. I can’t help feeling that many (most) MHF members may be more reliable and trustworthy than some of the ‘professional’ dealers out there!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
You never know, but with such a specific make and model, I think you will have to travel, good luck.

OP
OP
R

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
You never know, but with such a specific make and model, I think you will have to travel, good luck.
I fear you’re right, although there is an odd one at dealers now and again. Fingers crossed; I would travel a bit for the right one obviously.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's worth knowing that the symphony based on the Ducato and the trophy based on the vw are of the same layout and idea as the transit ...all by autosleeper
You'll find the fiat model tends to be in better bodywork condition than the transit

OP
OP
R

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
It's worth knowing that the symphony based on the Ducato and the trophy based on the vw are of the same layout and idea as the transit ...all by autosleeper
You'll find the fiat model tends to be in better bodywork condition than the transit
Good info. I’m old fashioned enough to worry about Fiat (Fix It Again Tomorrow), but I know what you mean about the bodywork on the transit.

Eventually, if I look hard enough, I might discover so many problems and reasons not to buy a camper that I get a tent. I bet I could get a belter for £15k o_O

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good info. I’m old fashioned enough to worry about Fiat (Fix It Again Tomorrow), but I know what you mean about the bodywork on the transit.

Eventually, if I look hard enough, I might discover so many problems and reasons not to buy a camper that I get a tent. I bet I could get a belter for £15k o_O
I've had several fiats which have been more reliable than their Ford counterparts

There's a reason that the vast majority of motor homes are fiat based :)

OP
OP
R

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
I've had several fiats which have been more reliable than their Ford counterparts

There's a reason that the vast majority of motor homes are fiat based :)
Good point.

To be honest, we are looking more at the Duetto because a) it’s diesel and b) I heard a rumour (which I cannot get confirmed) that the beds are slightly longer (4” or so) than the Symbol or Symphony.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good point.

To be honest, we are looking more at the Duetto because a) it’s diesel and b) I heard a rumour (which I cannot get confirmed) that the beds are slightly longer (4” or so) than the Symbol or Symphony.
You do get diesel versions of the smphony I think but maybe on the peugeot

I'd also reccomend tryimg to get a tdi version if going for the duetto as I test drove a straight 2.5 diesel one last year and it really struggled on hills
I always liked the look of them ( bar the beige) but the few I viewed had really bad bodywork one of which I coukd see the units inside through the drivers side rear wheel arch lol

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Good point.

I have a 2002 Autosleeper Symbol with 2 litre HDI engine,,,not the quickest of vans but takes us with no problems all over Europe for months on end,,Plenty of room in the two single beds and the double is huge,,Peugeot a little wider than the Transit,,BUSBY,,ps i don't make n/s single up as instructions,, i leave the passenger seat in its swivel position and place a cushion on top to make it level with the slide out section,,,it makes a longer bed.

OP
OP
R

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
I have a 2002 Autosleeper Symbol with 2 litre HDI engine,,,not the quickest of vans but takes us with no problems all over Europe for months on end,,Plenty of room in the two single beds and the double is huge,,Peugeot a little wider than the Transit,,BUSBY,,ps i don't make n/s single up as instructions,, i leave the passenger seat in its swivel position and place a cushion on top to make it level with the slide out section,,,it makes a longer bed.
Many thanks, that’s good info and very helpful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back