Autosleeper Devon - our first motorhome! (1 Viewer)

Bellaroo

Free Member
Aug 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi Everyone!
We have finally bought our first motorhome! It's an Autosleeper Devon, I'm so excited! Being complete novices, I'm quite nervous
but as it's not enormous I'm sure that will soon disappear. My question is, I suppose, have you got any hints/tips/advice you can please offer? We are going away in it end of Feb to try everything out, I want to ensure anything that needs addressing will become apparent under the warranty. So, the first trip will be to a site where we will have hook up etc. but then we thought to try a bit of wild camping to test everything out. Any suggestions? In fact, any advice is very welcome - thankyou!

OP
OP
B

Bellaroo

Free Member
Aug 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one yet
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thankyou! I'm still trying to work out how to post on here, so if you see more of the same from me it's because I'm feeling very new!

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
:WelcomeFlag: Auto sleepers are nice vans, haven’t got one but always admired them.
Enjoy your van and this forum, great wealth of knowledge on here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
Hi there, we were new to all this not that long ago so heading to a campsite sounds like a good plan. We (I?) made no end of errors (flooding campsite, not filling gas, not even remembering what switches do what after the handover process, etc) so just go play with it, it’ll be a whole load of fun no matter what happens. No need to wild camp if you want to test everything, just unhook from the campsite ehu as that is really the only difference as far as your new MH is concerned but you still have safety of the camp and neighbours if something doesn’t work.

Good luck and have a great time!

Hi Everyone!
We have finally bought our first motorhome! It's an Autosleeper Devon, I'm so excited! Being complete novices, I'm quite nervous
but as it's not enormous I'm sure that will soon disappear. My question is, I suppose, have you got any hints/tips/advice you can please offer? We are going away in it end of Feb to try everything out, I want to ensure anything that needs addressing will become apparent under the warranty. So, the first trip will be to a site where we will have hook up etc. but then we thought to try a bit of wild camping to test everything out. Any suggestions? In fact, any advice is very welcome - thankyou!

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
One of the best tips I was given was do a walk around your van before you set off each time. Inside check all cupboards and doors are shut/ locked. Nothing left out that will fall. Walk around the outside and check the windows, lockers are closed and nothing is left connected.
Enjoy your new van, don’t think of it as nervousness, think of it as excitement. ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 9, 2020
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C class
Hi Everyone!
Hello and welcome. I too am a very new 1st time owner, having purchased our MH last month . It’s a 2008 Ford Blucamp ( I think that’s it’s official title?). I call her Lottie. Hubbie calls her The Van! Like you I am quite nervous of doing the wrong thing but we headed off last night for our 1st overnight full test of everything . We settled for 1/4 mile away down the road. Just in case there was a major overnight mishap!
so what tips can I share?

?hmmmmm, Make sure the water drain tap/ switch is shut tight before you fill your water tanks. We foolish people didn’t! So filled up .......drove off and settled down to test shower etc and nothing happened. Nada no water ???. Felt pretty stoooopid. But lesson #1 learnt!
the good thing is we know the heating is superb ??
plus I have brought the perfect bedding as we slept very well. ? but due to no water we have headed home and topped her up . But as we’re now indoors, we’ve showeredand had breakie here, once daylight breaks we will head off to test it all and am sure it will be fine . I know experienced funsters will point loads out to you. This is such a brilliant forum .

good luck preparing and enjoy your 1st night next month ??
sarah

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Happy camping (y) (y)
animated campervan avatar.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun