Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
a particularly violent gust of wind has broken my dish drive. the dish is now free to move up or down, rather than being driven and locked by the motor. i assume there is a pin or similar somewhere inside the unit which has sheared. any expertise out there?

des

OP
OP
des

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
thanks nick. will speak to them monday.

des

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
des

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
now the wind has died down, have been up to inspect properly. bolts had loosened, so i have tightened them. dish now operates correctly, but signal is very weak. suspect either damage to lnb or lnb alignment problem.

des

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
Thanks for the update Des, you may find that the skew angle has shifted it is just a case of turning the lnb to the correct setting, easiest done once the dish is up and locked so you can see the signal strenght and quality

nick

OP
OP
des

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
hi nick

thanks for that. have had a further play. receives sky news ok, but other channels v. poor or no signal. itv1/2 ok-ish, but nowt on bbc channels. so i assume the lnb must be ok. what is skew angle, and how do i adjust?

des

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi
LNB rotational position ("skew") has to be set to the correct angle so that horizontal and vertical signals are received with equal strength. It optimizes the cross-polarization isolation between signals of vertical and horizontal polarizations, and has strong influence on quality of digital signal.

Basically standing in front of the dish it's like turning a steering wheel one way or the other:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Of course make sure the van is level before you start!!

Regards Pat

OP
OP
des

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
thanks all.

it was the skew angle. while i was a dave's motorhomes, having another job done, he jumped (climbed) up on the roof, and set it to the correct angle. all perfect now.

des

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back