Free Member
Aug 29, 2014
Ramsgate, Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 600
Exp
First year under our belt!
Noooo.. stupid small engine in a five and half tonne motorhome !!!

Powerrrrrrrrrrr!!

I've noticed quite a few big mh's have a 2.3l engine. I'm fairly sure I'd want something more substantial than that.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
To be fair, when we aint towing, it is quite enough ( but towing kills it !!! )

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
SWMBO owns a car sales garage, so I am driving all sorts of cars. My Audi is automatic. When we ordered our Burstner we ordered it with automatic, and collecting our N and B on Thursday which is also automatic, but REMEMBER to put the handbrake ON. With an automatic car, you don't need to think about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
For many years prior to buying a MH I insisted on my car being manual. The theory being that if ever the battery was flat it would start with a push.

I did a count one day of how many times I changed gear in my normal commute. It was dozens if not hundreds per day. Then I tried to remember how many times I had needed a push - answer zero.

My next car was an automatic - loved it.

As for the motorhome you can see our blue Hymer Exsis; it's a manual but that was because the vehicle was the one we wanted more than a preference for the gear box.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My feelings exactly, but if you do take a test drive just be aware it may feel odd. It has taken me quite a while to really get used to and appreciate it. Initially my instincts were telling me it was wrong to just bowl up to a junction with nothing for my feet or hands to do. Now it feels normal, but it took several thousand miles to get there! However, some folk find change difficult to adapt to and if you are one of those it may not be for you.
It's a much more fun in the other direction: rolling up to a junction & forgetting the damn thing has a clutch.:)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
while its OK to canvas opinion, it is what it is...opinion.....Tried simply to point out some opinion more biased than other:rolleyes:

It actually appeared that you tried to point out something quite different, buy hey, never mind we all read things differently and interpretation of a post can differ from one person to another. Onwards and upwards I say (y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Do Bosch crank drives come under this syndrome too :whistle:

Errr.....No....I've had 4 and a few horrible Chinese rubbish bikes before I grew up, but then I never buy blind and feel pretty confident I know what I'm talking about:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back