LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
I’ve been considering automatic levelling for sometime now. Been looking at 2 systems both price the same. One is MA-VE and the other is HPC. Any Funsters out there have experience of either systems. All comments appreciated.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Had levelling jacks on my R-V`s. great idea and they came fitted, sit in the seat push the button and go and put the kettle on or open the favourite refreshment. I understand that they are well in excess of 3 grand to retrofit?. One of the things to consider is the fact that they add a substantial weight to the `van and that has to come from payload. (not and issue when I had the R-V`s with 2t plus payloads) but would be now on a very tight payload that exists on many, especially 3.5t, motorhomes.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We went for the HPC, fitted by AS at Warrington after a great deal of research.
It’s lighter and has more up to date electronics including the phone app operation.
Very pleased with our decision and we had to travel across country rather than just an hour to Doncaster for the E&P system.
Apart from the obvious levelling and not having to get out to do it, the main benefits are the rock steady feel and the fridge always working at it’s best.
HPC weight is about 40-45kg against 50-65kg for the E&P.

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I’ve been considering automatic levelling for sometime now. Been looking at 2 systems both price the same. One is MA-VE and the other is HPC. Any Funsters out there have experience of either systems. All comments appreciated.
We have the HPC system which was fitted 3 years ago by AS Air Suspension with their usual great service ... brilliant set-up which I'm happy to recommend.
It is very simple to use from either the onboard panel or as I do with the phone app.

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
I looked a while back just out of interest when I first heard about it, seen it quoted at a cost of over 5k. Not sure that is great value for money but if I was loaded I might go for it. Beer tokens to the cost of 5k will will let me sleep half way up Ben Nevis ?

OP
OP
stevewagner

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Had levelling jacks on my R-V`s. great idea and they came fitted, sit in the seat push the button and go and put the kettle on or open the favourite refreshment. I understand that they are well in excess of 3 grand to retrofit?. One of the things to consider is the fact that they add a substantial weight to the `van and that has to come from payload. (not and issue when I had the R-V`s with 2t plus payloads) but would be now on a very tight payload that exists on many, especially 3.5t, motorhomes.
Fortunately I have playoff spare payload

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Can’t comment on the ones the OP quoted but we also have E&P fitted and they are great.
Apart from just the ease of auto levelling they stop all the rocking in high wind (other causes of van rocking are also dealt with (y) :D) and when you move around in the van. We use ours whenever we are parked, even if the van is already level.
Wheel changing, no problem. Emptying the grey tank, just tilt the van to speed it up and fully drain the tank. Security enhanced too.
It’s a little bit of luxury ...................but you’re worth it. :D:D:D

Richard

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hydraulic/electric Jack's are great, who the hell wants to go around with a handle winding Jack's up and down, easier to use ramps.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I entirely agree, they are Great. The big BUT, is that with the piddling payloads, often barely existent payloads, in some `vans, retrofitting could be counter productive. The O-P has said he has the capacity to accomdate another 45kg. On some `vans that might mean having to leave a Passenger at home!. :devil:. Or Worse, the BEER and WINE!.

• Funny
Reactions: DBK
Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
I entirely agree, they are Great. The big BUT, is that with the piddling payloads, often barely existent payloads, in some `vans, retrofitting could be counter productive. The O-P has said he has the capacity to accomdate another 45kg. On some `vans that might mean having to leave a Passenger at home!. :devil:. Or Worse, the BEER and WINE!.
Or leave off even the simplest wind up ramps and carry more wine! We left the table st home on last years france trip for just this reason. If not level, just drink more and this compensates for the slope anyway. Hic

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I wouldn't mind fitting them for the levelling but the air suspension does a reasonable job.
My worry is it would stop the rocking, both me and the boss always sleep better when the wind is rocking the van, love it. :D

OP
OP
stevewagner

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Thanks everyone for your comments. I agree they are expensive but at least they can be removed and refitted (at a cost) if we change vans. Going to check out the EP ones today then make a decision however we are leaning towards the HPC ones at the moment.

Jun 19, 2018
Perth Scotland
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
stevewagner Don’t discount the new kid on the block, the Alko Hy4 system will be rolling out at E&P dealers in the next few weeks and months, we had the first system fitted in the UK last week at the factory.

Feb 11, 2017
HALSTEAD ESSEX
Funster No
MH
ih VAN CONVERSION
Exp
Since 2001
We have E&P fitted by Mick and his team at SAP Doncaster , we looked at other makes and spoke to a lot of people, E&P were a lot better constructed than the others , and SAP go the extra mile when fitting

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Will watch this thread with interest but I think it would need a lottery win to make it possible for us.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
We're having EP fitted next week, it may only be a short van but we do notice slopes when on uneven ground. We have plenty of payload to over it, over 200kg free when weighed a couple of weeks ago in fully loaded state, with dogs etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back