Automatic change over for gas bottles (1 Viewer)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Is there much involved or is it just bolt on job to fit automatic change over valves in the van. As gas always runs out when it’s raining or when you get up to make a cup of tea in the morning.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Mine just fits onto the regulator, in effect a tee piece. Remove the gas hose fit the change over vale in place of the hose, reconnect the hose to the change over and then a new hose on the second bottle to the change over valve.
Someone will come along now and say there is a danger you will run out of gas because you will not notice it has changed over, not been a problem to me in over 10 years.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Although I'd originally planned to have an automatic changeover, I was "persuaded" that it wasn't really necessary and in 6/7 years I've had the system it's never run out at an "inconvenient" time. However I do keep an eye on it (as you would even with a changeover valve so you know when it's changed.....) and knowing pretty well when a bottle is about to run out I change it over anyway then go look for a refill.

Personal preference is all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
As @TerryL says, personal preference is all.

I have stuck with manual change over as that way I know I have one empty gas to deal with.

I worry that if it was auto switched I wouldn’t know I’d run out of gas until both the bottles are empty...

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Truma duo cs with remote indicator
green light on remote panel inside van changes to red when first bottle runs out and autochangover valve operates also heats regulator in winter

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I must admit that having considered it carefully I came to the conclusion that having 2 empty bottles would be worse than having one empty bottle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back