Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This thread is for the general discussion of the Motorhome Dealer Autohaus. Hit the Review Button at the top of the page to leave a proper review. Feel free to discuss it below.

BigDean

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2017
WHAT A SHAME!

I spent the whole of today on a journey to visit them today. I had been in touch with them several times to ensure they had the model I was interested in and had confirmed the price. Ready to spend upwards of £50k on a day van/camper.

A great start, even though the chap I had been discussing it with was too busy to see us, started the tour with Tony, the owner. Lovely chap who clearly knows the business. First problem was there was not a completed one with the configuration we wanted. Not the biggest issue, but annoying when I was told on Friday last week that there would be.

Then all good looking at the various models in production until we started to discuss the price. He said the starting price was £46k before options. The website says £40k, but I knew they had increased to £42k, which I have in an email from them on the 15th August! Tony says he doesn't know where that price comes from, but they cant do anything less than £46k.

I managed not to blow my top, but politely tell him I was somewhat displeased at making the tedious journey under false pretenses. He smiles and says that I should not have been told £42k.

The £46k+ would not have been a problem had it been honest and open; but this is not how it was.

I have just got back and double checked my emails. I am right:

"The brochure is slightly out of date now as VW have increased there prices on new vans

The price of a new Camelot starts from £42,000 inc vat on the road"

Absolute shame as I liked what I saw, but not a company I could do business with.

Back to the search for a good converter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back