Autogas 2000 Tank Filling Problem (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
From Aguilas up to Lorca & onto A7 going towards Andalucia.Can't remember the exit number as they changed them all last year, but it is the exit for the
" Saprelorca Poligono" (industrial estate.) at roundabout at bottom of exit turn right, 50m to next roundabout & turn right again,
Caravanas Lorca is first on right & watch the ramp up the kerb. They've painted it yellow so you can see it- Lad is extremely helpful in their but if you need a hand I'll pm you my mobile number .

If I'm guessing correctly the Vera one is "Hispavan" on the Antas poligono. You can see it from motorway.
Leo the boss is very helpful & Julian the engineer also.

http://hispavan.com/index.php/home
yes that sounds like the one . see it from the road. we were with some that used it . we went shopping in vera and saw their m,home outside . didnt remember the name but you have it.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi Devon Beekeeper are you going back to Quintabella if so say hello to Terry and Johnathan for me Albies mate if you get stuck he will help you out Johnathan that is john
We are going to Bellavista, at Aguilas. Might be there some time as Autocaravanas Lorca can't see us until next week!

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi I'm sure you are aware, but just in case, you can only fill these type of gas tanks to a max 80% ish, not full, it's for safety reasons. Just you mentioned try to fill it, might have caused the problem?
Yes, the gauge reads full when it is only physically 80% full. But we weren't able to completely "fill" it when we were in the UK. I think this is when the problem started.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Probably a silly suggestion but have you tried a different lpg supplier in case the first one was out of gas or had a faulty pump?
I'm fairly sure their pump was working but we will call in at Caravanas Lorca in a day or so and try and fill up there. This might encourage them to look at us sooner than next week.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just spoken with helpful bloke at Autogas 2000 who has suggested a different filling technique.

Connect hose to inlet but do not squeeze trigger. Press button on pump for a few moments then squeeze lever on nozzle. The idea is to pressurise the pump hose and try and blow the valve open. I will also try a different garage.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If it is the non-return valve just inside the filler point that has jammed shut you may be able to free it by poking a biro (or similar) into it. By doing this you will get a blow back of gas from the pipe that joins the tank. Obviously you need to ensure no nearby naked flame including fridge and boiler.

A couple of years ago, while in France, we had this problem in reverse .... The n/r valve in the filler would not close after refueling and we had gas escaping when the pump was disconnected. This was rather disconcerting until I was told later it was just the gas from the flexible tube between the filler and tank where there is a furthe n/r valve.

Our problem was solved with the biro which must have cleared something that was stopping the valve from seating correctly.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If it is the non-return valve just inside the filler point that has jammed shut you may be able to free it by poking a biro (or similar) into it. By doing this you will get a blow back of gas from the pipe that joins the tank. Obviously you need to ensure no nearby naked flame including fridge and boiler.

A couple of years ago, while in France, we had this problem in reverse .... The n/r valve in the filler would not close after refueling and we had gas escaping when the pump was disconnected. This was rather disconcerting until I was told later it was just the gas from the flexible tube between the filler and tank where there is a furthe n/r valve.

Our problem was solved with the biro which must have cleared something that was stopping the valve from seating correctly.

Just tried that but ours must be a different design, all the bits you can see are solid. You can see where the gas goes but it has what amounts to a bar across it so it isn't possible to see down the hole. I tried poking the reverse end of a biro refill down it, nothing bigger would past the bar, but nothing budged.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Latest news on the problem is the filling trick didn't work. Spoke again to Autogas 2000 and they think it might be the filler valve. This is apparently an easy thing to change and they can send me one when I get back to the UK.

In the mean time I can buy a Spanish gas bottle and regulator and feed the gas in through the external BBQ point, Autogas say this is quite safe.

We will still probably go to Lorca tomorrow - but to buy a gas bottle!

Free Spanish gas bottle going to anyone near Santander around 18th June!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
glad your sorted DBK look forward to your blog on Autogas2000 (y)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi, you appear confident that you can Buy a Spanish gas bottle in Lorca, unless conditions of sale have changed, I believe its not that easy. In the past a gas certificate for your vehicle would be required (This still the case Gus?)
So if you cannot get sorted as quick as you want, then PM me, we are in Totana if you pass this way.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi, you appear confident that you can Buy a Spanish gas bottle in Lorca, unless conditions of sale have changed, I believe its not that easy. In the past a gas certificate for your vehicle would be required (This still the case Gus?)
So if you cannot get sorted as quick as you want, then PM me, we are in Totana if you pass this way.
That might be a problem, I must admit I assumed you could buy a bottle and a regulator. Many thanks for the offer - I may take you up on that if we can't sort it out ourselves.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sent you PM with my Mobile phone number.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Yes , I've never found anywhere around here that will sell a cylinder.You have to go to office with certificate initially.
You can get them at car boots (rastro's) but you don't get many of them & have to know when & where they are.lol
Another thing I've never found around here is when people say they can swop a Repsol cylinder for a Cepsa ¿
I've also got a cylinder/regulator if you haven't got one yet.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes , I've never found anywhere around here that will sell a cylinder.You have to go to office with certificate initially.
You can get them at car boots (rastro's) but you don't get many of them & have to know when & where they are.lol
Another thing I've never found around here is when people say they can swop a Repsol cylinder for a Cepsa ¿
I've also got a cylinder/regulator if you haven't got one yet.
Things look more difficult than I expected. I assumed you could just buy a bottle and regulator to say run a gas BBQ.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
just keep your eyes open for a gas delivery truck they might let you have one . or carboot sales or possibly a caravan place or ask at campsites , junk shops . some garages will let you . there are rules but who cares . if at aguilas ask on the beach campsites if there are others uk or german bet they will know where there is one .
you will get one .

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Saint Gus Lopez the helper of all has come up with a solution, you will not better his offer, and he is local to your current location. Give him a call and get it sorted today. Job done.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Things look more difficult than I expected. I assumed you could just buy a bottle and regulator to say run a gas BBQ.
When I lived in Spain it was this type of beauricricy that drove me MAD
Basically you can't get a gas bottle without buying an appliance - how about buying a cheap BBQ and sell it when you get home?

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We are now sorted with the very kind help of @gus-lopez and have been given temporary custody of a shiny Cepsa bottle, regulator, bit of hose and a length of chain. I just had to visit the local Ferret shop, itself an Aladin's cave of everything from teddy bears to cigarettes for a candado or padlock to secure it to the tow bar when parked.

Many thanks @gus-lopez and to everyone who contributed to this thread. I will be returning everything when gus-lopez visits the UK late summer and will be staying just an hour from where I live!

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
lovely to meet you & glad you got the lock ok.(y)
It was worth the journey just to visit the shop! It reminds me of a place in Ireland I visited with my parents as a child. It sold everything from the rings you put in bulls' noses to the locally and illegally distilled whiskey!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
DevonBeekeeper said:
We are now sorted with the very kind help of @@gus-lopez
Glad to see that you are all sorted :)

@gus-lopez . Well done Gus. (y) One of the clear advantages of having internet access when touring abroad, ie, when you need help. :)

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It was worth the journey just to visit the shop! It reminds me of a place in Ireland I visited with my parents as a child. It sold everything from the rings you put in bulls' noses to the locally and illegally distilled whiskey!
They are all like that around here & that is probably the smallest one that I know of.
One we use that is in Estacción de Puerto Lumbreras houses things from when I was a child & never thought still existed ! We've never failed to get anything from in there.
I brought 2 paraffin lamps from the Uk . 1 a Tilley & the other an Aladdin. Went online for 'mantles' then had a rummage around to find that I could actually get them online in Spain. Asked in Estacción & he had them out the back !:D
You can waste hours in them.:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back