LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
on the other hand.. . if they ever sell the van they can remove the system and no hole to blank off ..
yep although dont think we will sell her Jim took me four years to find her lol. Bill isn't worried to much any probs we shall just go back to them. At least Bill has taken everything on board and is aware of problems that may arrise or not , really appreciate all your views ,comments experiences that's what Fun is all about aint it (y)
Kate x

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
We have never had a problem with ours , what we did have a problem with is the grey water tap on our Autocruise that got knocked off on a low corner :rolleyes: a tip though O.H has fitted a link so we don't lose the cap if not put back on properly.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

paul lancaster

Free Member
Nov 2, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
B544SL
we were there last week and they fitted ours under the reflector, and were fantastic about sorting out the bbq point and the whole fitting process, so not sure why they chose a low mount point(?)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Again as in our opening post Bill was and is pleased with their product and work and would highly recommend them hense our original post :) Kate

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The photograph posted of filling gas in a garage is a bit naughty considering you are not supposed to use mobiles etc on garage forecourts. :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The photograph posted of filling gas in a garage is a bit naughty considering you are not supposed to use mobiles etc on garage forecourts. :eek:
How many people turn their phone off when entering a petrol station? I've heard of Airplane mode but not forecourt mode :LOL: I suspect none nor the passengers with their electronic toys

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
:p
"Richard Coates, British Petroleum's fire safety officer, has investigated many of the 243 fires that over an 11-year period were attributed to mobiles. 'Mobile phones pose no petrol station hazard,' he said. 'There is nothing to worry about."

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How many people turn their phone off when entering a petrol station? I've heard of Airplane mode but not forecourt mode :LOL: I suspect none nor the passengers with their electronic toys
If such things as mobile phones and gadgets caused problems at petrol stations then car remote controls would too ... as would starting the car ...

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
No those locker have not seen any speed bump action the vehicle is 11yrs old . Never heard of any probs about storage lockers hitting speed bumps from any other hymer owners .
OK maybe the angle of the pics again makes them look lower than they are. Enjoy your gas set up, plenty of capacity in that!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The only thing I have to add, seeing those rusty and corroded pipes, apart from some filling probs some seem to have, wouldn't all those pipes and fillers be better inside the gas locker?

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The only thing I have to add, seeing those rusty and corroded pipes, apart from some filling probs some seem to have, wouldn't all those pipes and fillers be better inside the gas locker?
Yes but then there is the issue of explaining to johnny foreigner and Morrison's staff that your setup IS legal. At least that is why I put my filler in the aluminium skirt.
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
my soon to be van has the gaslow and the filler is in the locker will i have trouble filling at the pump? or should i have it moved to a new point .Ive heard of probs when locker doors are opened and they think your filling bottles illegally .plus ive got to be higher than bill...lol

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
my soon to be van has the gaslow and the filler is in the locker will i have trouble filling at the pump? or should i have it moved to a new point .Ive heard of probs when locker doors are opened and they think your filling bottles illegally .plus ive got to be higher than bill...lol

Don't know about problems when filling having to open the gas locker door personally but I moved mine to the outside because of clearance needed to open the gas locker door, as some filling pumps can be tight on space and my locker door opens upwards and was awkward in some situations.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have no longer got the R-V. but the domestic filling WAS behind a locker door, In ALL 3 cases. never had issues in the UK nor abroad. So I think you may rest easy on that one?.

Pete

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The regulation doesn't state "turn it off " but " do not use it". Same as no fuel if lights on or engine running. mandatory requirements that are taught to all fuel station operatives.

:p
"Richard Coates, British Petroleum's fire safety officer, has investigated many of the 243 fires that over an 11-year period were attributed to mobiles. 'Mobile phones pose no petrol station hazard,' he said. 'There is nothing to worry about."
So why do they ;BP, teach operatives, " No phones, no lights & engine switched off ?
If he has investigated them & states that then why does he not state categorically that mobile phones caused NONE of them ? Because he cannot ,he doesn't know 100%.

If such things as mobile phones and gadgets caused problems at petrol stations then car remote controls would too ... as would starting the car ...

They do Radio frequency is part of what you are taught re; assessing risk.
& it does. That's why engines are not permitted to be on when filling with fuel.

P.s. Whilst I agree that the risk is quite low it is better to be safe than sorry & here it will cost you a 90€ fine.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
No one enforces it but no one will revoke the rule. It is bo**ox
A typical scene at filling stations is people walking to and fro from the shop with a phone to their ear.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
BTW I never admitted to using a mobile phone, that was an assumption. ;)
If it is not required to turn a mobile off then there is no reason to not use the camera. When this ridiculous unfounded rule was brought in mobiles did not have cameras on them :LOL:
likwise a ban on phones in hospitals is to protect revenue from their expensive pay phones

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Using a phone on a service forecourt will soon be common place ..

• Service launching this year is a collaboration between Shell and PayPal
  • Customers will be able to use the service through the Shell Motorist app or the PayPal app and will begin by selecting the pump they are using
  • App authenticates the transaction and the customer can then fill up and go
  • A receipt is automatically sent though to the user's phone
  • Service will be available at the majority of Shell’s 1,000 UK petrol stations

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...safe-use-phones-forecourts.html#ixzz3qqFIilkQ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back