Oct 20, 2016
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
Since 2016
Hi there
We purchased an Autocruise Starfire 1999 earlier this year - our first MH - and are in the process of storing it away for the winter. However we did not receive a handbook with the vehicle so we are finding our way around bit by bit. The question I have is can anyone tell me how to drain down the hot water tank? Have drained down the cold water and waste water tanks but we are unsure as to where we drain down any water which may be left in the hot water tank.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Somewhere close to the tank will be a sort of tap, probably coloured red, on a pipe that runs outside/through the floor. That just lifts up and the tank should then drain down - best to leave it open until you come to refill (don't forget it.......!) As regards the rest, without something to blow residual water out it is next to impossible to clear all the pipes so we just open them fully and also put the shower-head into the tray. Mixer taps should be set in the middle position. Also don't forget to empty your cassette - and the flush tank if yours is separate to the main freshwater tank.

Oh and :welcome3: any more questions just ask away - you're never far from a solution on here!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Also don't forget to empty your cassette - and the flush tank if yours is separate to the main freshwater tank.

Someone didn't and when taken in for a service this was the result:-

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
On my StarSpirit it is located next to the boiler. See pic attached.
Water heater 2.jpg

Lift the yellow tap to the vertical position to drain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back