Autocruise Rhythm - Tables, Tyres & Bike Covers (1 Viewer)

bl4derunner

Free Member
Aug 25, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Since May 2013
Hi, I've not had the van long so am still a beginner. I like the round removable table and see it's possible to get a tripod for Fiamma tables to use the table outside. My question: does the Rhythm use a Fiamma table? There are no markings on it and It's not mentioned in the manuals.

Tyre pressures seem a bit of a black art when it comes to motor homes it seems "nobody knows"!. My dealer inflated them all to 62 lbs and the van seems to handle well (it doesn't have motor home specific tyres). Does anybody have any suggestions or should I follow the advice of getting my van weighed and then contact the manufacturer (Peugeot Boxer)?

Finally, any suggestions for a decent bike cover to fit over my offset Fiamma 2 bike rack?

I have had a good look around on the web but personal recommendations are still the best.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
For a bike bag try bags4everything, got one from them for this season and it is much better than the Fiamma bag. On tyre pressures just check one of the many threads on the subject, I run 55 front, 60 rear and find comfort is considerably increased with no adverse effect on handling. Don't know anything about your table, sorry.

Rgds
Bill

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
I run Pirelli Chronos on my Rhythm, 59 front 60 rear.

no idea about a tripod for the table.

don't have a bike rack yet so interested to hear about covers,
what rack have you got?

Cheers
2dogs

OP
OP
B

bl4derunner

Free Member
Aug 25, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Since May 2013
Thanks 2dogs for the tyre info. My bike rack is made by Fiamma. I am really pleased with it as holds the bikes a lot more securely than the tow bar rack I have on my car. The Fiamma rack is specifically designed for the Boxer/Ducato/Master van rear doors and fits really well. I did in fact opt for the 3-bike size rack but with fittings for only 2 bikes. This gives a bit more room for the two bikes when loading them. It does sit quite high up on the van so I need to use a small folding stool to stand on when loading/unloading the bikes. Also, when loaded, the bikes do obscure the view through the rear windows (both for driving and when sitting in the rear lounge) although I don't really find this a problem. It might be an issue if I put a bike cover on though especially when parked up. One of the reasons we got a rear lounge is the nice all-round view. The only other 'issue' with the high mounted rack is it seems to be invisible when opening the doors from the outside (with no bikes loaded). I have lost count of the number of times I have banged my head on it or simply walked right into it and now hang something bright (and soft) on it as a kind of flag. This is more likely a problem with me rather than the rack design though.

I have toyed with the idea of a low tow bar rack which can be tilted to give access to the rear doors and keep the rear view clear (Thule make a good one). This would be easier to load/unload but would make the van longer and reversing more difficult (a high rack takes up little road/parking space).

Either way I think I will get a bike cover as the bikes get filthy on the back plus, if you have expensive bikes, it is a bit more secure.

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
Thanks runner,

I assume that's the 200dj? have you seen any slipping? the way it hangs on only the sides of the doors seems a bit odd when it could be hung from the top.

bike wise we are only talking cheap, probably less than the rack itself. May look at getting one next year.

Cheers
2dogs

OP
OP
B

bl4derunner

Free Member
Aug 25, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Since May 2013
No sign of any slipping. It seems to fit really well and I think the shape of the door would stop it moving as the brackets sit against a lip.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you are going to the NEC Birmingham show, we will have an Autocruise Rhythm fully kitted up with all the Fiamma accessories for you to view on the Fiamma stand.

Might be interesting to see for any Autocruise PVC owners

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back