Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I wonder if anyone had experience of this van as we're looking at a part X
My questions are: how is the winterisation and whether there can be any front table?
Is it still true that English vans (this is Swift) are not as good at winterisation as German ones?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Looked at one. They look nice.
They are on the lightweight chassis meaning that you cant up plate them and their limited payload cannot be increased. The lightweight chassis has smaller brakes, wheels etc and lighter chassis rails etc.
We went for a Globecar.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Looked at one. They look nice.
They are on the lightweight chassis meaning that you cant up plate them and their limited payload cannot be increased. The lightweight chassis has smaller brakes, wheels etc and lighter chassis rails etc.
We went for a Globecar.
Good advice thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We had an Accent which is very similar to Rhythm - just a different layout. I did some work on it which entailed removal of rear door panels and some of the interior fittings and found the insulation lacking. The main reason for changing it however was the lack of adequate loadspace for what I needed. We swopped it for a Globecar and the difference in insulation is significant both to see and also to experience in the winter. We also uprated the load carrying capability which was only a paper exercise as the chassis, suspension, braking etc is good for a lot more than the initially plated 3500 kgs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back