Autocruise Alto (2013) - front single bed setup (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2021
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
Evening all!

We’ve just recently collected our new-to-us 2013 Autocruise Alto - a PVC with a fixed rear bed and a front single bed which can be made up from the forward facing seats and swivelled drivers seat.

During the handover neither we or the dealer could quite figure out how to set the bed/cushions up! We pretty much came to the conclusion we must be missing one or more infill cushions.

I’ll put a photo up tomorrow but can anyone with an Alto or other similar age Autocruise van with the single bed option help with some info on how the bed should be setup?

We have:
* Removed and stowed the table
* Extended the sliding frame
* Folded out the bed base from under the seat onto the sliding frame
* Removed the backrest cushions and folded the headrests underneath to ‘level’ them with the seat base cushion
* Swivelled the drivers seat

The cushions just don’t seem to fill the gap - but we could be doing it wrong still I suppose!

nothing I can see in the Autocruise/swift manual or online specifically addresses this - focusing on the release lever for the sliding frame and then just saying ‘arrange the cushions’… clearly my jigsaw skills are lacking!

Any thoughts?

Cheers, James.

OP
OP
JimmE
May 3, 2021
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
So it turned out we were missing a cushion. Thankfully our dealer has been fantastic and, being unable to source one for us had one custom-made and delivered to us at home!

It’s not a cushion needed anywhere during the day, so will probably only come with us if/when we do expect to need the front bed, but good to have the option again now!

Top marks to Eden motorhomes in Cornwall!

Attachments

• A2DF8AFB-CEC5-42AD-A72A-69C4B346AAD2.jpeg
    A2DF8AFB-CEC5-42AD-A72A-69C4B346AAD2.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 164
Jul 27, 2022
North Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
I have picked up my Autocruise accent a seek ago and similarily it is missing the infill cushions for the 3rd berth....they must all be in a big drawer somewhere. My dealer in Somerset has said I can go to them and they will measure it (2 1/2 hr round trip) or I can measure the sapce and they will make one up.

My question is surely they are of a standard size so the dealer should know the size required; and how much "ease" is required for the gap. Does anyone have the original cushions they could measure for me so that I can check my measurements?

Many thanks

Annie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JimmE
May 3, 2021
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
Hi Annie, I’m happy to measure ours if it helps, but no guarantee that the one on the Accent is the same size as the Alto (fairly safe bet though I would have thought!)

I’m not sure who our dealer got to make ours, but we didn’t get asked for any measurements.

Jul 27, 2022
North Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Thanks Jimme for the reply and offer. I have now spoken to a different person at the dealership and they are now getting cushions sent to me without any input from me...I await their arrival!
Many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back