AutoAid Vehicle Recovery 15 Months £43.31 Offer (Valid Until 31 March 2018) Covers 2 People (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Saw this on Martin Lewis website https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car-insurance/breakdown-cover & thought it might be of interest to some at least for car cover & good value as covers up to 2 people for 15 months instead of 12 - vehicle wise most it covers up to is 3500kg but conflicting info. on their website as mentions 2500kg limit too - did ring to check this & what maximum length of vehicle but not open today. Other alternatives for this same cover are Groupon who have 12 months for £39 Broken Link Removed & worth trying codes NEW50 (may take £10 off) or HELLO15 to take it down to £33 but didn't work when we tried a dummy order as if still valid only apply to new Groupon customers. Quidco are currently offering 12% cashback too but unlikely to be able to use it in conjunction with these offers.
Money Saving Expert website info:
"Our overall top-pick AutoAid* – backed by Right Choice Insurance Brokers – has now improved its claims process so you no longer need to pay and reclaim. Even better, we've been able to get you our best AutoAid deal yet.

MSE Blagged: To get more for your money, use this blagged AutoAid* link to buy a car breakdown policy by 31 March 2018 and you'll get 15 months' cover, instead of 12 months, for £43.31.

Considering what's included, nothing really comes close for price unless you've a stockpile of Tesco Clubcard vouchers (see RAC info below).
oilcan.JPG

• It insures the person, so you can be driving any car. This means vehicle age, mileage and reliability are irrelevant, plus caravans and trailers will also be towed if attached to your car. You'll be covered no matter what car you're driving.

• Free cover for a husband, wife or civil partner. The same cover applies to a spouse if you're married or in a civil partnership.

• It provides onward transport. Most budget policies only fix the car at the roadside or tow it to a garage. With AutoAid you'll get transport to your destination for up to six people in total (including the driver).

• Home breakdown cover, limited to £65. It pays for labour and recovery, but not parts. So if you need help to get the car started at home, this is usually enough to cover the call-out fee and any basic labour charge.
AutoAid's been our top pick for a few years and MoneySavers who use it almost universally report good feedback – add your experiences.

For roadside assistance, cover at home and national recovery from the AA, a couple would normally pay over £100/yr – yet AutoAid provides the same for just £43.31 for 15 months' cover."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This offer is still on for anyone that might be shopping around for recovery.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Cheap cover & offer still available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Amymcl87

Free Member
Apr 14, 2018
Funster No
Hi everyone

I can't seem to find out if auto aid includes unlimited call outs ?? Anyone know anything please do share.

Thanks in advance

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
I used them for a number of years ...they dealt with a breakdown in France (in a car) very well. Only reason I moved was to get Nationwide Flexplus benefits

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I know! This is a thread from 2018 BUT, AutoAid seems to offer exceptional value - is there a catch?

AutoAid Breakdown Service
Not for cars - I've used them for years
It's a pay and claim back which might put some people off
There are limits on Motorhomes - weight/length
UK only - have to buy a different subscription/policy for Europe

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Seems to suggest it's no longer pay & claim back and Motorhomes up to 3500Kgs.
It's now owned & operated by a different company to that when I first subscribed - so it's conditions & procedures may have changed.
Still value for money.
However, it's sister company offers an even cheaper deal for specified vehicle coverage.
I might switch to that next year.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Well, never expected to have to use them quite so quickly after recommending them...
My car had an unexpected flat battery & wouldn't start.
Used the app and a local recovery service pitched up within about 20 mins, can't argue with that.
Quick jump start with one of those nifty Noco gizmos and I was up & running.
As suggested above, procedure has changed, just signed a bit of paperwork, no charges paid
Drove straight to my local garage where a test confirmed battery was an ex-battery... and replacement duly fitted.

Base on this experience, definitely still recommend AutoAid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back