Auto-Trail Vline 635SE Sliding Door Issue (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2017
Oxford, UK
Funster No
MH
A/S Bourton
Exp
Three years and still learning
The sliding side door can only be closed or fully open. In between if on a slope the door will gravitate through its own weight to the front of the vehicle or the rear. There is no fixed in between stop. The half-stop I've seen talked about seems elusive and will only stop the door going one way past the stop. It doesn't hold the door. The big problem therefore is if you have the rear window open and then open the sliding door without thinking ... sliding it into the open window! Could be expensive. Has anyone had experience of this problem and how have you resolved it?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Just screw a plastic block, the ones that are used to put furniture together, in the bottom channel in the appropriate place, I have put one to stop the door opening too much and also one to stop it sliding shut. To get over the first one I have to pull the door handle up so the the bit on the bottom goes over it.

OP
OP
oxoaps
Feb 27, 2017
Oxford, UK
Funster No
MH
A/S Bourton
Exp
Hmmm I get the idea. But ideally another stop like the existing end one with one side sloped would let me slide over it but not back, placed where I want the middle stop ... then if I put another one near this but the other way round I'd capture the door and have to pull the handle out to move the door either way from this middle 'locked' position. Sliding it from either end would slip over the first stop it meets and be caught - pull the handle out to move it on. Hmmm ... think this might work!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Hmmm I get the idea. But ideally another stop like the existing end one with one side sloped would let me slide over it but not back, placed where I want the middle stop ... then if I put another one near this but the other way round I'd capture the door and have to pull the handle out to move the door either way from this middle 'locked' position. Sliding it from either end would slip over the first stop it meets and be caught - pull the handle out to move it on. Hmmm ... think this might work!
You have to experiment a bit with the blocks,on the first stop I put two blocks together and did shape it a bit to help it slide over. I drilled a small hole through the back of the channel and used a self tapper.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
This works for me, you can just about see both the stops.
20170702_204558.jpg

OP
OP
oxoaps
Feb 27, 2017
Oxford, UK
Funster No
MH
A/S Bourton
Exp
Clever - thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Donties

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
swindon
Funster No
MH
autotrail vline
Exp
since 1994
we found one of those stops in the glove compartment when we bought the van, was easy to fit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back