Auto Trail V Line? Experience? (1 Viewer)

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Hi
Seriously concidering buying a new AT V Line 636 Sport. Has anybody got one or knows how they differ from the AT Tribute PVC.
Thanks

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Are you on Facebook ? Several Autotrail groups on there. May give you an insite on things to look at.
They went through a period of having issues with the windows but as far as I know that is now resolved but watch out if you are thinking of buying a used one. Check ref window.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
There is a Face Book Group called The Unhappy Autotrail Group. Might be worth a read. Lots of issues with build quality.

Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
We looked at a v line but went for a vantage max the company was much better in changing small bits for us before it was built and gave us a very good part ex on are old van.Did not know about till we went to the nec last year but have not looked back.

Jan 12, 2017
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
We purchased a new Autotrail V Line 635 SE in January 2019, downsizing from a Swift Bolero coachbuilt 7.5m which we owned for 6 years. We have just arrived home after a 7 week trip to Portugal covering 4K miles.
It’s been great, and we love it. Contrary to all the bad things I keep reading about Autotrail build quality, we’ve had no major issues whatsoever, although we do have a mark which has appeared on one of the rear side Polyplastic Windows which will need replacing under the warranty. It’s a mark between the double glazing, I have spoken to both Autotrail and the suppliers of the windows, Myriads, and hopefully it will be changed soon. There were a couple of very minor other things which I easily sorted out myself. No mechanical issues at all, cruised nicely at 65mph on CC returning an average of 32/33 mpg over the trip. Contrary to other reports I have read it didn’t need a drop of oil.
The rear lounge layout suits us very well, the twin beds are fine. I’m 6’1” and my wife 5’10” and we have no issues at all using the twin beds with our springer sleeping on her bed between us.
We also love the option of being able to swivel both front seats and use the second table arrangement at the front to have coffee and read etc.
we looked at numerous other vans, including some ‘foreign built vans’ and we didn’t see anything that offered the layout we preferred. Also, some of these were some £10k dearer! and not without there build faults. Our good friends have just bought a new well known German Coachbuilt for close to £72k and it’s been back to the supplying dealer so many times to have things put right under warranty they are sick to the death of it. So Autotrail are not the only mfg to suffer with build quality problems by any stretch of the imagination. I can only speak as I find from my experience after owning 5 motorhomes over a 30 year period, and I am very pleased with the V Line.

Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Re Vantage yes they are more expensive van but we felt we got a lot better service than with the v line suppiler who would not make any changes to the spec even if we paid extra and far far better finish where Vantage did it foc IE moveing tv ,different shelves,more sockets, changing under seat storage etc etc we also down sized from a 7.5mt coachbuilt and have just returned from a 5 week trip to Italy plenty of room we have the 5.99mt van and 35.5mpg my comment was we were going for the v line as that was the best for us until we saw the vantage range it is worth a look that is all

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
Although probably better fitted out not £10 to £15 thousand pounds worth .The chassis cab is still the same.

PandS

Free Member
Nov 3, 2013
Woking, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2009
We have just bought a VLine 634SE - we wanted the bigger fridge and barn doors. We are currently on the French Med Coast and are really happy with it. We downsized from an 8m coachbuilt and have no regrets. This is be our third Autotrail and, apart from minor issues which were quickly sorted out by our dealer (Dolphin, Southampton), have had no major problems. One thing we did ask for on ordering was for an extra USB socket so we could charge phones etc when not on EHU. Dolphin fitted this under the locker near the TV where the solar panel controller is and it has proved invaluable. We did examine every PVC we could find at the NEC and this was the best one for us.

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
Looking for a vline 636 sport new or secondhand. Not very successful at finding one. Dont fancy ordering takes too long

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Continental Leisure had one left about a month ago when I called in there, not sure if it's the dead right model you are looking for

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Nothing available up our way apart from a new V-line 634 which is up for £47,995.

I reckon you could get it for £46K.

If you squint then '634' and '636' look fairly similiar on the screen :D

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
All i will say is do your searches on auto trail problems if I had it would have saved me a lot of problems which finally ended when I got a full refund PVC was a auto trail tribute

OP
OP
donnkim

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Hi Romans, What could Auto Trail do to mess up a PVC ?

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
The Vline with the big fridge appeals to us and may consider it if and when we come back down. I like the look of the Vantage, its a matter of you pays your money you make your choice and if you are happy with it thats what matters. Our 1st van was the PVC Tribute in 2008 on a 3ltr comformatic. We loved it for its roomy lounge and also the large continental Fridge ,unheard of then. We had it almost 6 years and it never let us down, the only contention was the fridge freezer stopped working one Xmas, we had an engineer out in a day or so on the warranty claim (it was 2yrs old) and he fixed it then we were told it was not covered as it a was link connection tween thr Frdge and Freezer. Despite the engineer fighting our corner and stating it is manufactured that way they (one of those you pay and claim warranties) refused and it cost us £100. Needless to say we did not renew when they offered us another at the end of its time> Apart from that and the usual Fiat problems ie the throttlebody being replaced (Under warranty despite it going one day out of it) it literally never gave us any problems under the build quality issues.We had it for 6 good years and did 50k in it.

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Hi Romans, What could Auto Trail do to mess up a PVC ?

their complete inability to build something that stays together of the just under 500 miles I managed to do in my PVC 350 of that was backwards and forwards to dealer final straw was engine keep going into limp mode and if you search the forums you will find auto trail build quality issues everywhere as far as I,m aware their the only company that has an unhappy owners club

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back