Auto trail v line 610 Sport 2017 -drain valve? (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2021
South Wales
Funster No
MH
V-line 610 Sport
Dear Experts,

we have recently bought a 2017 Fiat v line 610 sport. As a complete novice I’m in the process of working out which bit does and looking forward to finally escaping lockdown.

My problem is I can’t find the Truma heater drain valve, which is apparently quite important. I’ve looked all around the heater itself and stuck my fingers into any crevice I can find, looked in all the cupboards, in the boot etc. The water and heating all works fine but it would be nice to know I can drain the system for the coming winter.

any suggestions welcome!

Steve

Solution
well it's been an adventure, a bit like playing one of those Myst puzzle games. So here's the walkthrough in case someone else can't find the wretched drain switch

found one pipe underneath - turns out to be the air pipe for the heater

found another pipe underneath, got excited as it's near the heater location, close but no cigar, turns out to be gas pipes to batteries

had another look and found another pipe underneath - but this one is sealed off so no idea what it is

then I saw two blue pipes, but these seem to be overflows for the fresh and waste water tanks...

looked further afield and then I found this pipe, which looks much more promising and seems to have the 45 degree feature mentioned by Campervan_man earlier, although...
OP
OP
SGRB
Apr 1, 2021
South Wales
Funster No
MH
V-line 610 Sport
I can see a clear plastic pipe underneath. I can see that this pipe is the clear plastic pipe coming out near the top of the heater (blue arrow in picture)

InkedIMG_0060_LI.jpg
top view

but it doesn't look like a drain to me and it doesn't seem to have a switch/valve

IMG_0062.jpg

??

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
It will be on or below what ever the heater is fixed to, on the cold water inlet. You may have an auto electric one. Try filling and see if it drains out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SGRB
Apr 1, 2021
South Wales
Funster No
MH
V-line 610 Sport
Thanks for replying. No, I haven't seen anything like that, that's an automatic one isn't it?

The fact that the clear plastic pipe comes from the top of the heater and goes out of the bottom of the van, does that imply there's an automatic one somewhere?

I'll take some more photos tomorrow

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
It could just be the simple one,

FAA9046E-63EB-4E16-90FE-9AB1E55FA1E3.jpeg

the clear pipe from the top of the boiler that goes to outside is from the automatic air bleed valve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Look under the van for a 2" tube hanging down with a 45 degree chamfer. There will be a drain valve above it. It's probably near your water heater / boiler, sometimes under a flap / trap door storage lid.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SGRB
Apr 1, 2021
South Wales
Funster No
MH
V-line 610 Sport
thanks everyone! what a brilliant website this is!

I've been told to stop playing and come inside for my tea :(

so I shall resume my hunt tomorrow

thanks guys

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
there are usually three bit of hose hanging down the one you have founds is the one that doesnt drain it lol the one youve found is the air admittance device follow the route of your pipework inside and look again undeneath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
Renfrew Scotland
Funster No
MH
kontiki sport
Exp
20 years tugging .5 years MOH.
I can see a clear plastic pipe underneath. I can see that this pipe is the clear plastic pipe coming out near the top of the heater (blue arrow in picture)

View attachment 479761top view

but it doesn't look like a drain to me and it doesn't seem to have a switch/valve

View attachment 479762

??
The clear tube looks more like a vent pipe to clear air from the heating element within the water heater probably there is a screw under the cap or it may be automatic.
The drain valve will be connected to a blue pipe that comes out of the bottom of the water heater.
Possibly looking like this photo happy searching.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0
OP
OP
SGRB
Apr 1, 2021
South Wales
Funster No
MH
V-line 610 Sport
well it's been an adventure, a bit like playing one of those Myst puzzle games. So here's the walkthrough in case someone else can't find the wretched drain switch

found one pipe underneath - turns out to be the air pipe for the heater

found another pipe underneath, got excited as it's near the heater location, close but no cigar, turns out to be gas pipes to batteries

had another look and found another pipe underneath - but this one is sealed off so no idea what it is

then I saw two blue pipes, but these seem to be overflows for the fresh and waste water tanks...

looked further afield and then I found this pipe, which looks much more promising and seems to have the 45 degree feature mentioned by Campervan_man earlier, although it's on the other side of the van to the heater

IMG_0077.jpg

hmmm, so back into the van and try to find where this might be, in the cupboard behind the gas valves?

IMG_0080.jpg
what's under the mats?

IMG_0081.jpg
aha

IMG_0082.jpg
aha

IMG_0083.jpg

Yes! the drain valve (a manual one)

and for anyone else who may have a similar problem

IMG_0084.jpg

the bottom arrow is the heater, the top arrow (under the cupboard) is the drain valve

And many thanks to everyone who suggested crawling under the van and identifying all these pipes!

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg