Auto Trail Tag Axle to American RV (1 Viewer)

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Forget my last post have discovered that the BPG is no longer in business which is a shame. I think the original owner only relinquished ownership tying up with Stingray RV's because of his or his Wifes ill health

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Forget my last post have discovered that the BPG is no longer in business which is a shame. I think the original owner only relinquished ownership tying up with Stingray RV's because of his or his Wifes ill health

yes indeed.. Dick (moandick) was a Fun member .. a lot of work went into his publication .. shame it's been lost

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
It is such a shame bpg has stopped Being updated. Great piece of work and one of the first things we bought when we got our motorhome. Both uk and Europe guides were invaluable. Still got both however so far out of date these days. A great project for someone........ @ScotJimland ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It is such a shame bpg has stopped Being updated. Great piece of work and one of the first things we bought when we got our motorhome. Both uk and Europe guides were invaluable. Still got both however so far out of date these days. A great project for someone........ @ScotJimland ?

maybe Jim (boss) could take it on/buy it out .. AFAIK it's still owned by Broken Link Removed

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
At 9'1" wing mirror to wing mirror a new Autosleeper on a Mercedes chassis is as wide as our RV with velac front mounted mirrors, so I guess they may have found these too wide also. As said it all about what you feel comfortable driving and how much experience you are able to gain. All too often MoHo are driven infrequently not allowing the owner to gain enough experience, after all if you did not drive your car for a couple of months this would make a difference to your judgement, and how many times when you have come back from even a two weeks holiday and found driving the car from the airport strange

There is a trend with current Euro MoHo to increase in size s they are starting to approach RV size.

Our last RV we sold for the purchase price we paid, having used it extensively over our 5years of ownership, not bad depreciation. There will always be horror stories of lost depreciation on RV, Euro and even cars, just have to be careful what you buy and how much you pay.

Yep They are now even producing smaller Euro MH's with slide outs

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I've just followed the link and there are general sites but not specific for larger motor homes, and the domain name has expired.

If I wasn't working full time and knew more about IT stuff, I would take this on as a project, with members updating with new sites and reviews, for minimal membership fee they can access shared info and could download.

PS. I use your aires guide and have often said that's one the aires that scotjimland mentions when touring.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
He is a Member but not active I signed him up to enable him to come to Carmarthen show. He's ordered a Moro trek.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
(y)We had a Winnebago journey 34 (35ft). Always wanted a RV so had one. Had it for four years, loved it, yes you had to plan routes and campsites etc. spent a lot of money on it and lost a lot of money on it when we sold it. Would I have another RV. Yes if I had a bigger bank balance because to own one and use it properly like going away a lot and for extended stays you need money. Don't see the point in having one and it sat on the drive. We now have a Burstner elegance tag axle and love it, still 30ft but does not feel half as big as the Winnebago while driving it and getting to places etc. 24 to the gallon is also nicer than 8 but I do miss the necter points. Servicing is cheaper. We have already stopped on more sites in the first six months we had it than the four years we had the Winne. It's what your happy with. I want both really but untill the lotto numbers come up we are sticking with the Burstner. Good luck what ever you do. (y)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Having sampled both it is of course a matter of personal choice, the extra width is more issue than the length, check the unladen weight, some of these will only have a small payload, The tanks can be a pain to empty, mine kept blowing campsite trips when on EHU, surge from the power unit, the lockers were not that deep and very shallow, I get twice the gear in my tag as I could in the RV.
I was very lucky when selling mine only lost the maintenance costs. This week I needed to top up with LPG for the Gaslow, passed four services before I found some.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Oh some sites are not keen on Gennys.
Martin

balloonman

Free Member
Jun 5, 2011
monmouthshire+France
Funster No
MH
damon rv
Exp
Every one to their own we got a daybreak we have had it for six years and two years with a
b class we have been up and down the country no problem ,we go to France three or four times a year we never book and get no trouble we are now in Spain with no trouble small motorhomes to cramped, so I have given my opinion.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Never had a problem getting anywhere in my RVs , if PSVs can get through so can any RV. Mine btw is a littlun at just 94" wide , yes fuel cost on lpg relates to 18 mpg but a Range Rover Tugger probably doesn't get much better.
As far as dumping is concerned, many CClub sites also some in Europe have drive overs , but otherwise I use a wheeled tote tank, easy as a cassette and not as often.
Will I lose money, you bet I will, never had a hobby yet that I made money on, if I can't afford it , I don't have it.

After all that I am soon to downsize to a 3500kg Eurovan , don't want to but possible licence change may dictate.

Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We had a 9.5 metre gulf for 8 years mainly used in France, always managed to get on an aire, can be a bit tight sometimes just adds to the excitement just bought a 12 metre damon still no wider than a truck or large tractor or a bus, don't forget there's always reverse gear!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back