Free Member
Feb 19, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt & Classic
Exp
15 years
Hi all, any ideas where I can pick up for information on old Auto Trails as mine is 1991? Came with nothing when I bought it and having had my other camper (1972 VW Devon) for 14 years, I am used to getting everything I want, including information on history, parts, features etc. Brochures are a couple of quid on eBay for example for the VW but nothing for the Auto Trail

Cheers

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
You will find that most vans of this age, or even younger did not come with a manual even from new.
They only came with a pile of paperwork from the internal fittings, and most is always lost. If you look on internet under the various manufactures you can often find copies there.

Apart from that you may be lucky and find someone who has a copy still of the small booklet that used to come with new vans.

OP
OP
C

Ceephax

Free Member
Feb 19, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt & Classic
Exp
15 years
Thanks for advice. I guess the problem is there are not many 20 year old Chieftains around. We were looking for a Hymer with a U shaped lounge (as is everyone else it seems) on a Mercedes chassis. Sat in a scruffy Chieftain that was a lot of money with 2.4 non-turbo and no power steering. It just seemed wrong.

By chance in Hull there was one with a 2.9 TB Turbo TDI conversion, power steering and new appliances for about the same price, so we snapped it up. Only downside is that there is no history or paperwork.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back